All that and Firmware OS 8.7x

• Well i am pretty sure the Kemper team is not made of employees that just turn up at work to drink coffee. So ofcourse something is in the works.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

• its just tough when every other modeler is getting updates continually,

If updates are your biggest concern, guitar playing must come second. I've been playing since the last update and have no hurry with any update and haven't thought about either. It's a such superior machine.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• its just tough when every other modeler is getting updates continually,

AYKM?

The Helix went nearly 10 months between its latest updates.

3.11 Released 04/28/2021

3.15 - Released 02/08/2022

For Kemper ? It's been a whopping 5 months.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Edited 2 times, last by Ruefus ().

• I remained on kemper os 5 for a very long time. It was only two months ago that i upgraded to the latest. I’ve been busy playing, and it was only when i had an unusually large gap of two months between gigs, i finally took the plunge.

There was nothing in OS5 that prevented me from playing well, so no real reason to upgrade.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

Edited once, last by Kim_Olesen ().

• "I play my guitar so I don't care about updates." What does that even mean? It takes 5 minutes to run an update, so who's saying that they can't play guitar because they're stuck waiting on an update? If you wanna stay on version 5.0 from 1976, do you. But don't accuse people of not being a good player or not playing their guitar because they like to keep their hardware current.

• "I play my guitar so I don't care about updates." What does that even mean? It takes 5 minutes to run an update, so who's saying that they can't play guitar because they're stuck waiting on an update? If you wanna stay on version 5.0 from 1976, do you. But don't accuse people of not being a good player or not playing their guitar because they like to keep their hardware current.

Henry David Thoreau

• I just got a rig manager update.

This increases the probability of an imminent os update as they may be testing the rig manager first before the os update in case of bugs in rig manager.

• That comment referenced another where the person was lamenting the fact that other devices see updates more often.

For a pro musician, where the tool (KPA) is a mission-critical piece….upgrading introduces risk. Like screwing with an auto mechanic’s tools.

You’re messing with their livelihood.

Everyone can do and feel how they want. But I agree that if the frequency of updates bothers you compared to other units……y’all ain’t playing enough guitar. ‘Cause that fixes me right up.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• That comment referenced another where the person was lamenting the fact that other devices see updates more often.

For a pro musician, where the tool (KPA) is a mission-critical piece….upgrading introduces risk. Like screwing with an auto mechanic’s tools.

You’re messing with their livelihood.

Everyone can do and feel how they want. But I agree that if the frequency of updates bothers you compared to other units……y’all ain’t playing enough guitar. ‘Cause that fixes me right up.

Great! That's your opinion. But don't insult someone else because they're excited about new features. Nobody is making you upgrade if / when they come available. And great if you're a gigging pro! Most Kemper customers aren't. Or maybe they are studio pros who can easily upgrade. But still no reason to look down on people who do want more updates, or want to see an amazing piece of gear be even better.

• Why the -1? Why can't we be excited about new features?

i think you took the replies too much personally.

It’s always great to have new updates, new functionality, of course!

But (lol), I’m also a touring and active musician and if everything is set right with your tool (kemper, axefx, whatever it is) you really don’t want to take the risk of having everything messed up with an update. You have to be sure to have the time to check everything is ok and to tweak if they are major updates.

And in between gigs you have to spend the majority of you time learning news songs or writing solos for your bands, so not have the time or even desire to tweak tones that are already working as you want.

Thant’s all, i don’t think anybody here meant « you should play you little rookie » or anything like that.

I wish for a major update and I also wish it will come before gigging season is here.

• Does everyone remember when some people would spam "Editor!!" on every youtube vid or facebook post about kemper? Unfortunately "Square-Wave Tremolo!!!" doesn't have the same ring to it, and probably wouldn't catch on. Excited to see whatever's in the pipeline, and I'm guessing that we'll see it before the end of April.

• Great! That's your opinion. But don't insult someone else because they're excited about new features. Nobody is making you upgrade if / when they come available. And great if you're a gigging pro! Most Kemper customers aren't. Or maybe they are studio pros who can easily upgrade. But still no reason to look down on people who do want more updates, or want to see an amazing piece of gear be even better.

Now we know who the moral police on this forum is.

Henry David Thoreau