All that and Firmware OS 8.7x

• It's also possible they're like every other small company right now: short staffed and overworked. They could also be in that weird spot where maybe they've finished r&d of a new product, but they can't get all the components for it with the supply chain disruptions. I personally think that's why Line 6 has been doing bigger updates lately - they were expecting to have a Helix replacement out by now, but all the supply chain disruptions caused a big delay, so they're holding over with firmware updates.

• I just scored a Roland VG99. You don't see them for sale often and i wanted one for a long time. The basic modelling is surprisingly good for a 10+ year old device. It really shines with a GK pickup and 13 pin cable. I just recorded a song with a VG99 modelled 12 string Rickenbacker guitar, it sits nicely in the mix. Alternative tunings. Drop down tunings for the metal dudes. Low E and A strings with a bass sound one octave lower.

I know the Kemper doesn't have a 13 pin Roland input but it has a USB input. I have a Roland GI-20 interface from Roland GK to midi over USB. It would be so cool to be able to process each string individually with the Kemper.

• I had a VG-99 for a couple of months. I liked the guitar modeling and tuning, but didn’t care for the amp modeling

Like you I got a GR55 and a Kemper. I’m still using both today , going on 11 yrs, for all my gigs

• ...but are there any new features? Looks like bug fixes but I can't download at work!!

Mostly some tweaks. The tuner can now show sharps or flats, which was a user request. Some other odds and ends. Double Tracker got a tweak.

I’d guess there has been a fair amount of refinement and optimization this time around instead of ‘Big New Thing’.

Which if true, I think is a good thing.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Mostly some tweaks. The tuner can now show sharps or flats, which was a user request. Some other odds and ends. Double Tracker got a tweak.

I’d guess there has been a fair amount of refinement and optimization this time around instead of ‘Big New Thing’.

If I had an iPhone, the editor on it would be a neat "wiz-bang" thing, but I think I would always prefer the iPad or PC for editing. Of course, there could be a use case for a quick edit from stage in a performance (which I personally never do, but others might).

The tuner is a good thing, but really just cosmetic. Couldn't have taken more than 10 minutes to code IMO.

Does anyone know what "Layout C with large Performance Name for Remote and Stage" means exactly? That sounds like something that may well be useful for a gigging musician.

My guess is that this is a token release (likely because of this thread) and that most of the effort in the engineering team is going into something new that hasn't been announced.

Another free update from Kemper. Thank you Kemper team!

• My guess is that this is a token release (likely because of this thread)

Meh. Kemper are not known for cowing to public opinion. They listen - but their schedule has never seemed to be anything but their own.

Sometimes updates are under the hood that no one sees.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Mostly some tweaks. The tuner can now show sharps or flats, which was a user request. Some other odds and ends. Double Tracker got a tweak.

me too.

I prefer a Kemper team spending time on polishing, fine tuning, and improving already existing things.

The kemper is already a beast.

• The double tracker is probably going to take a few updates and more user input to get right, but that's okay since the payback is enormous. I'm hoping for more chorus, phaser, and flanger effects in the near future.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• The double tracker is probably going to take a few updates and more user input to get right, but that's okay since the payback is enormous. I'm hoping for more chorus, phaser, and flanger effects in the near future.

I’m not in need of « more things » but more of more flexibility.

Like having access to an parametric eq in the cab section. Having the option of a noise gate in the drives or boost or in the amp block.

Option to switch on effect on morphing

A simple « input gain » too

Option to have the same wha in every rig but without putting it in a slot

Etc

Not huge things but small improvements to make my life easier.

My main problem with the kemper is that there’s now so much good effects and drives that 4 pre and 4 post are clearly not enough.