All that and Firmware OS 8.7x

• I could see a new product coming; I could see the continued slow and steady release of new updates for a few more years. I wouldn't even be surprised to see minor updates coming out for years after a next gen kpa is released. If I had to guess, we'll see minor updates and some more effect types coming out. In particular, since this unit can handle multiple delays and reverbs, even used in other effect slots, so it should have dsp to handle some more complex modulation effects, perhaps other advanced effects; seems a logical next step.

There's likely many possibilities that could be conceivably done with this hardware; for example some sort of Scene feature like the helix; maybe even dual amps; a couple extra effect blocks? The problem, though is that what may be possible from a firmware and DSP standpoint still has to be logical from a hardware standpoint; on units that don't have dedicated buttons for new features. Keep in mind that they now have an editor and IOS software that need to be updated to accommodate any new features they roll out.

Hard to speculate when, but there's a certain point at which it is no longer logical to expand firmware beyond what the original hardware was logically laid out for, vs. designing hardware around all the features you'd like to add. There's also the financial reality that a company needs a steady income of new sales to pay people to sit around all day and design updates.

• There's also the financial reality that a company needs a steady income of new sales to pay people to sit around all day and design updates.

People buying Kemper in 2022 isn’t buying because of 2012 merits. It’s because software makes it up to date. No need for new hardware, as long as they «sit around all day and design updates» the Kemper will be as potent as it ever was, and steady income is guaranteed.

I absolutely adore Kemper for it. Longevity. It’s refreshing!

• Kemper’s approach to developing their products is quite unique. No fundamental hardware updates beyond form factor for over a decade.

On top of that - the product is still incredibly competitive.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Kemper’s approach to developing their products is quite unique. No fundamental hardware updates beyond form factor for over a decade.

On top of that - the product is still incredibly competitive.

The Telecaster has been same for 72years. Still going strong. Sometimes they get it right the first time.8)

• The Telecaster has been same for 72years. Still going strong. Sometimes they get it right the first time.8)

The brand name and general body style of the Tele has been around for 72 years, yes. But there have been hundreds of variations over the years, and unless you get an American Original model, they're very different than what you would have bought in the 1950s. Now you can get them with locking tuners, 12" neck radius, noiseless pickups, HH configuration, even a Floyd Rose. That's the point we're trying to make - there can be modern hardware updates to meet the needs of new customers and stay competitive while also keeping the vibe of what made the original great.

• And let's be honest. Leo Fender himself felt the need to improve the design of the Telecaster pretty soon after he brought it on the market. Otherwise a Stratocaster would have never surfaced... :)

• And let's be honest. Leo Fender himself felt the need to improve the design of the Telecaster pretty soon after he brought it on the market. Otherwise a Stratocaster would have never surfaced... :)

However, a new model is something completely different from the many facelifts that are intended to generate new customers at the next trade fair. Many of these "innovations" have quietly disappeared from the market.

• People buying Kemper in 2022 isn’t buying because of 2012 merits. It’s because software makes it up to date. No need for new hardware, as long as they «sit around all day and design updates» the Kemper will be as potent as it ever was, and steady income is guaranteed.

I absolutely adore Kemper for it. Longevity. It’s refreshing!

I won’t dispute it. But people like shiny new things. I bet half the people that have and still use the current KPA would buy a new version if they sold one. Musicians see a new product in a catalogue and they have to have it.

• I won’t dispute it. But people like shiny new things. I bet half the people that have and still use the current KPA would buy a new version if they sold one. Musicians see a new product in a catalogue and they have to have it.

Desire is a root cause of all suffering in this life. Good musicians know, that they only need to have skills to play which they develop by constant work, and they need pure joy out of playing. Life worth living is more about feeling than having.

• :D^^

Just scored a laptop in the local thrift store. Intel I5 chip, 8 Gb RAM, 220 Gb SSD (!). 45 euro. It has a Windows 7 sticker on it. It ran W7, W8, skipW9, now W10 and without a doubt it will run W11. The old standby Kemper is still up to date.

• :D^^

Just scored a laptop in the local thrift store. Intel I5 chip, 8 Gb RAM, 220 Gb SSD (!). 45 euro. It has a Windows 7 sticker on it. It ran W7, W8, skipW9, now W10 and without a doubt it will run W11. The old standby Kemper is still up to date.

Check out the hardware requirements for Win 11. It may not unless you have a hack to get around M$. All the same an excellent score.

• As I'm sure all of you are aware of, two new firmware updates were released by Kemper in the last couple of weeks.

I'm not surprised, and I knew that I only needed a little patience.

Having said that, if Kemper decides to release v2 hardware tomorrow, thus leaving my cute white toaster obsolete, "I'm not even going to be mad."

I bought my Kemper in 2014. Before buying it, I was concerned because the Kemper was already two-years old — thus likely to become a shiny brick soon, given how the rest of the industry works. However, I thoroughly researched the company plus two other famous ones. I finally chose Kemper because I was amazed by the insane long-term-support of the Access Virus synths.

Kemper's long-term-support has delivered beyond my expectations 🙂

• Wrong. Just research the bride design changes , and intonation action settings for some of the older ones. Wrong.

The fundamental design has not really changed, though. Plenty of players prefer the three barrel saddles, stamped bridge plate and slab body.

Different pickups, bridges, saddles etc is bolting on parts. Leo Fender got a whole lot right the first time.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche