All that and Firmware OS 8.7x

• Haven't been around in months due to having moved, started a university course, and a new job all at once. I wish I was here when the "why do you need updates?" debate was going on because I feel I have something to say about it, so I'm just gonna throw it in here. Don't worry, this won't instigate anything I'm sure.

I just wanted to add that I don't know where everyone is coming from as far as having lived and grown up around electronic devices, but I've had them since around when I was 13 or something, when I got my first cell phone. Which was in like 1999 or something. Since then, I've had all kinds of phones, MP3 players, wireless headsets and speakers, smart watches, training watches and all kinds of other devices, not to mention operating systems, games that I've played with DLCs and expansion packs and balance patches and etc. etc., now down to guitar modellers, wireless guitar units, effects units, pedals, etc. They have all been updated with new features so many times over I've probably experienced 500 big feature patches across all the devices and softwares I've used, spread out over two decades of my life (some of it being formative years). By now, my brain is basically wired around this. I'm guessing the same is true for anyone in the same boat as I.

Say what you want about technology ruinining our youth, but nonetheless, I am ruined now down to the neurology of my brain. Those circuits just fire up when another software update drops, as they have 500 times before. The numbers are just being thrown out to make a point but so to come to a conclusion, for some of us, it's just exciting to get new updates because of what I just said.

A smoker would get it. Just cause you smoke doesnt mean you don't have a life outside of smoking. But you continually take little smoking breaks throughout the day, every day, all the time. Likewise, I continually come here (and other places for other devices I own and use) and check for updates, or I simply daydream and lust for updates with some unspecified feature that's exciting (like all the previous exciting features I didn't predict). I just want that experience, right? But in between the "smoking breaks" of coming here to look for an update, I do the same thing everybody else do. Get my job done, play guitar, go out with friends lol, the whole nine yards. None of it is affected by my desire for new features. My interest for new features for devices I own, and the rest of my life as it were, co-exist and it's entirely unproblematic.

If you don't have this history with electronic devices and software updates, surely you wouldn't feel the same way. That's okay, too!

• If we're not talking about which one to sell for the most ridiculous price, I'll take the most modern version with a 6-saddle bridge, wider neck radius, and locking tuners all day. And HH or HS configuration. 🤷

• If we're not talking about which one to sell for the most ridiculous price, I'll take the most modern version with a 6-saddle bridge, wider neck radius, and locking tuners all day. And HH or HS configuration. 🤷

Tried one like that. Hated it beyond measure.

Grabbed ‘52 reissue and loved it instantly.

‘Modern’ does not mean better.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I like the SS version but have to have 5 saddles for dead on intonation. I also like radius' at least 10'' or more. Whatever years cover that works for me.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Wrong. Just research the bride design changes , and intonation action settings for some of the older ones. Wrong.

My man, I was making a simple point. Firstly, I have a ‘54 Blackguard beat to crap. The intonation is fine and it sounds better than any new one. Yes, it does. If you wanted a telecaster sound on a record, you want my guitar not some shiny thing with six saddles, noiseless, 14” radius slim neck, no ashtray lip bridge, off the wall at guitar center. Just like you don’t want a 1969 Marshall profile to be done with fender amp, & a tube screamer. You want it to sound right. We’re talking about sound, right? I’m sure Kemper will be updating hardware, soon. In the meantime they are constantly giving us updates. I got mine in 2019. With the amount of updates Since then it’s a totally different thing. As far as tube amp sound and feel, it’s got it down. You don’t have to buy one, and you don’t have to keep one.

• Sorry to bother you lol.

Does anyone did the latest update?

any bugs?

Thanks.

I do updates immediately. No bugs found in this latest version but I never let that keep me from updating because I know the Kemper team corrects them within days. However, if it was Thursday, and I had a gig this Saturday then I would wait till after the weekend to update - just my own personal rule (unless I needed that update to fix something beforehand).

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Desire is a root cause of all suffering in this life. Good musicians know, that they only need to have skills to play which they develop by constant work, and they need pure joy out of playing. Life worth living is more about feeling than having.

and yet Keef has over 1,000 guitars. 😁

• I do updates immediately. No bugs found in this latest version but I never let that keep me from updating because I know the Kemper team corrects them within days. However, if it was Thursday, and I had a gig this Saturday then I would wait till after the weekend to update - just my own personal rule (unless I needed that update to fix something beforehand).

Agreed. Kemper are brilliant with firmware, because unlike some tech companies, you can roll back simply if needed.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• My man, I was making a simple point. Firstly, I have a ‘54 Blackguard beat to crap. The intonation is fine and it sounds better than any new one. Yes, it does. If you wanted a telecaster sound on a record, you want my guitar not some shiny thing with six saddles, noiseless, 14” radius slim neck, no ashtray lip bridge, off the wall at guitar center. Just like you don’t want a 1969 Marshall profile to be done with fender amp, & a tube screamer. You want it to sound right. We’re talking about sound, right? I’m sure Kemper will be updating hardware, soon. In the meantime they are constantly giving us updates. I got mine in 2019. With the amount of updates Since then it’s a totally different thing. As far as tube amp sound and feel, it’s got it down. You don’t have to buy one, and you don’t have to keep one.

The telecaster has not remained the same. Any bridge , saddle change are major changes, not to mention the no caster years, and the differences in solvents , and other compounds used to finish and create the instrument. The telecaster is not a valid comparison Because A. the kemper has had many updates to fix issues, and B. The telecaster has not remained the same. We were not talking about sound, we were in fact talking about Kemper updates. If we are talking about sound now.... everything effects sound.

• Any of the older ones, because due to the current economic climate , and habits of corporatism in businesses today, I know that A. not even made in U.s.a means anything anymore, and B. Most people are not dedicated anymore to customer service. Just look at what has happened to Jackson guitars ever since Fender bought them. I play two guitars now that are made in San diego , but I will never return to them because of their terrible customer service. The options are just amazing for the price point but the bad customer service experience has lowered the value. Just last year I had to take apart and depin , repin , a brand new tube pre at the pcb board for the Transformer leads , because bad design and hurried assembly chopping the lead nearly in half.

• The fundamental design has not really changed, though. Plenty of players prefer the three barrel saddles, stamped bridge plate and slab body.

Different pickups, bridges, saddles etc is bolting on parts. Leo Fender got a whole lot right the first time.

You are saying there have never been any bridge or saddle changes? Do you know/ understand what is fundamental to a stringed instrument? Prove to me that the fender telecaster is still using The parts you are talking about. You guys can stop muddying the waters now I mean unless that is your job. The kemper requires updates , the kemper needs updates..... get over it.

• You are saying there have never been any bridge or saddle changes? Do you know/ understand what is fundamental to a stringed instrument? Prove to me that the fender telecaster is still using The parts you are talking about. You guys can stop muddying the waters now I mean unless that is your job. The kemper requires updates , the kemper needs updates..... get over it.

Don't mind the fanboys - they'll argue with anyone who comes up with legitimate criticism.