All that and Firmware OS 8.7x

• I am sure this has been flogged to death. Curious as to why we haven't seen any new goodies either on the RM side or firmware, in quite some time. Over 4 months now.

What are your thoughts?

Peace out,

JP (Pierre) Moatti

• Before people assume that #2 is a brand new Kemper, I would like to remind people that the predecessor to the profiler was a synth. No one saw it coming and the next product might be just the same - might not be guitar related or even music related.

I even seem to recall Christoph talking about moving into medical technology at some stage.

• Before people assume that #2 is a brand new Kemper, I would like to remind people that the predecessor to the profiler was a synth. No one saw it coming and the next product might be just the same - might not be guitar related or even music related.

I even seem to recall Christoph talking about moving into medical technology at some stage.

True! There is also the chance that the "new" product is another extension of the current KPA architecture ..... ie, the Kemper Mini.

• To be fair, there is also some coding involved in the Kabinet. All the speaker imprints and the embedding into the profiler firmware has to be done by someone.And we don't know the size of the team and what their jobs are. So personally, I don't speculate what and how they do things.

But what i really would like to know: Why is it so important to discuss what they are currently working on? Why is this topic popping up every few weeks? I don't understand it, to be honest.

it's working fine, there were great improvements over the last 10 years and it's still not EOL.

• To be fair, there is also some coding involved in the Kabinet. All the speaker imprints and the embedding into the profiler firmware has to be done by someone.And we don't know the size of the team and what their jobs are. So personally, I don't speculate what and how they do things.

But what i really would like to know: Why is it so important to discuss what they are currently working on? Why is this topic popping up every few weeks? I don't understand it, to be honest.

it's working fine, there were great improvements over the last 10 years and it's still not EOL.

It's fun to specule. ?.

We all love the idea of new features and products, and talking about prospective improvements occupies our natural curiosity about a beloved product line.

Not for the powered Kabinet which was introduced recently. The unpowered has been around for 6 months+.

Why are people speculating? Because even though we think the KPA has cured our GAS, we still want new stuff :). I have no interest in upgraded effects ( Chorus etc) BUT bizarrely I'm still excited if they come. The GAS never completely goes :)

• Not for the powered Kabinet which was introduced recently. The unpowered has been around for 6 months+.

Why are people speculating? Because even though we think the KPA has cured our GAS, we still want new stuff :). I have no interest in upgraded effects ( Chorus etc) BUT bizarrely I'm still excited if they come. The GAS never completely goes :)

That's me exactly! The number of rigs I use a chorus on is around ...... 1 ;). When I was a teenager I used to deeply slop on the time based effects like chours, flange, and phasers.... but I kinda grew out of it I guess :).

That doesn't mean I don't look forward to a new KPA firmware release with updated time based effects! Maybe I will even regress and slop on some efx onto my favorite rigs as an alternate sound.

CK did mention upgrading the time based effects though and specified that they would be at the end of the cycle after verbs, delay's and drives.

As far as product introductions go, the Kemper guitar system is pretty well formed with the ONLY exception being the Mini. Oh, and I would really love it if Kemper would make a custom Kemper tote bag for the Kemper FC and the Kemper Stage. I see this as a missed opportunity to sell a carrier that has production cost <$10 for $50 ;). Not huge money, but it is pretty low hanging product fruit (low cost of development, virtually no engineering resources needed).

• No new releases since October 20,221? Dam! Where is Scotty to beam me off this planet. I'd like to go to Rigel 5 in the Corrilian System before the radiation gets me.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

Edited once, last by BayouTexan ().

• Wow!

That’s a whole 1 more rhan me ?

I'm the exact opposite. I have perhaps one or two sounds that don't include something like a Micro Pitch or chorus.

Chorus has been a punchline for a while, but IMHO, when used more to tint (as opposed to outright color) a sound it can make a guitar sound enormous......but the listener is not quite sure why.

...then we get to the 80s with Rush & The Police where Alex Lifeson and Andy Summers "essplain'd it" to us. Then everyone copied (often badly) and ruined it.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I'm the exact opposite. I have perhaps one or two sounds that don't include something like a Micro Pitch or chorus.

Chorus has been a punchline for a while, but IMHO, when used more to tint (as opposed to outright color) a sound it can make a guitar sound enormous......but the listener is not quite sure why.

...then we get to the 80s with Rush & The Police where Alex Lifeson and Andy Summers "essplain'd it" to us. Then everyone copied (often badly) and ruined it.

Agree! I guess they frown upon it because they think you have to be 100% wet to use it correctly. Sometimes just15% can give you that little extra sweetness and not be a dry flake. :P ;)

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.