Am I using profiles wrong?

• hi everybody! Im new to Kemper, but I already fall in love with it! I have a question though. After some research on profiles I decided to buy tonejunkie pack of Marshall JVM as he is well known and respected profile maker. But for me - it sounds absolutely bad! Like from a small speaker, bluetooth one, nothing I expected. Then I bought Tue Madsen profiles and these sounds great, what I wanted in terms of metal tones, not thin, sounds huge and mix ready. So, am I using tonejunkie profiles in a bad way or I'm not a target for these? I wanted to have heavy metal sound and some more modern metal from the JVM, something like Children of Bodom and maybe Iron Maiden, but it really sounds awful. And Madsen profiles are just plug and play, fantastic tone. :(

• What works for one person might not do that for another person. There's always a risk bying profile packs. I guess most of us have bought some, or few packs, and ended up being dissapointed.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• can someone then recommend me some profiles of JVM410H to sound like children of bodom? ;) im afraid ill waste more money on some profiles that will be nothing like im looking for ;) here is ENGL, but I know Alexi was using JVM for years with similar tone :

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Just about any mid to high-gain profile sounds dreadfully awful outside a mix. I always go back to hearing one of Jimi Hendrix's iso track and it sounded frail and thin. Put in back in the mix and --- Heaven!

You may be better off taking a free Ola profile and tweaking it to your liking. Tweak with a drum track and bass track (if possible) to get your tone.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• can someone then recommend me some profiles of JVM410H to sound like children of bodom? ;) im afraid ill waste more money on some profiles that will be nothing like im looking for ;) here is ENGL, but I know Alexi was using JVM for years with similar tone :

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

choptones may be more akin to what you’re looking for. That said the Rig Manager has the usual amps with SOMETIMES great tones… JVM, 5150s, Dual Recs etc. Just remember to EQ things if the sound is quite there for you

• what are you playing through?

Kemper -> scarlett solo -> KRK monitors (I checked on studio headphones straight from kemper too).

Thank you for all your recommendations, I will spend some time on looking at all of that now! :D One thing I love about Kemper is that it's already old and proven piece of equipment (that's why I wanted it instead of any other competitor) and we have a LOT of things to chose from. And for my ear - kemper sounds best anyway :P