Kemper Sighting - Tears For Fears/Rule The World

• Looks like both guitarists are using them.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Wow. It seems so rare these days to see an older band adopt new technology! They sounded great too. Real close to the album ..... even after all these years.

Kempers and IEM's. Pretty far cry from tube amps, cab stacks and wedges ;).

Thanks for posting.

• Awesome band!

I wasn’t really into them when Songs From The Big Chair came out ( was going through a metal phase so they weren’t cool ?). But Seeds of Love is such a classic album. I remember hearing it for the first time and being blown away by the songs and production values. It’s still one of the few albums I keep returning too periodically and it still sounds great.

• I’ve always loved ‘Rule The World’

Even when it came out and I was into metal, I could tell it was just a great track. Great melodies, hooks, lyrics, performance etc.

They did a great job on it here, and the Kemper sounded great.

No bassist though? Was I missing something?

• I can better you....I saw them live a couple of yeas ago and noted their Kempers :)

Great band!

I saw them in 86. Oh, I remember it well...... mostly pretty girls at that concert. The band looks a bit different now and.... based on repeated reminders from my wife... so do I (bless her heart). At least my strat from that era still looks the same - time to let it re-teach me that song.

• I saw them in 86. Oh, I remember it well...... mostly pretty girls at that concert. The band looks a bit different now and.... based on repeated reminders from my wife... so do I (bless her heart). At least my strat from that era still looks the same - time to let it re-teach me that song.

I've always liked them above the regular 80's pop stuff - The album The Hurting is a great album. I'm less keen on everybody wants to rule the world more commercial songs.

My wife loves them so took her ( and myself because I do like them) 2 years ago. They were also supported by Alison Moyet who was brilliant. Tears for Fears were also totally on point.

We've all changed since 1986 but I'd never say my wife has :)

• Wow. It seems so rare these days to see an older band adopt new technology! They sounded great too. Real close to the album ..... even after all these years.

Kempers and IEM's. Pretty far cry from tube amps, cab stacks and wedges ;).

Thanks for posting.

I'm not sure I would even agree about older bands not using technology. Mark Knopfler, Testament and Tears for Fears using Kemper live. Meshuggah, Devin Townsend and Metallica are Fractal, with Annihilator on Helix. I doubt any are under 50 years old.

Of course there are a lot more endorsers who profess to use the gear, but come a live show you can see a real amp.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• Seeing a “real amp” onstage doesn’t always indicate the guitarist is using the amp, and almost never indicates they are using all the onstage speaker cabinets.

We know many people use the empty cab trick. TBH its one of the main drivers for using cabs is the look...

• We know many people use the empty cab trick. TBH its one of the main drivers for using cabs is the look...

You miss the cabs look on small to medium size gigs, but large productions were often hiding cabs when they had a great stage set anyway. I certainly don't miss having to store 4x12s at home!

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7