How well are those Power Stage amps holding up over time?

• I'm looking at the 700 but would like to know how any of this line is doing . Being that these Class D amps are relatively new I've read mixed reviews about their longevity. I understand that one could purchase the ICE boards and build your own but I don't have the time or skill for that. The Seymour Duncan PowerStage 700 is out of stock everywhere I've looked so it's popular I guess. I'm specifically interested in the SD amps.

• I'm looking at the 700 but would like to know how any of this line is doing . Being that these Class D amps are relatively new I've read mixed reviews about their longevity. I understand that one could purchase the ICE boards and build your own but I don't have the time or skill for that. The Seymour Duncan PowerStage 700 is out of stock everywhere I've looked so it's popular I guess. I'm specifically interested in the SD amps.

I know you said you were mainly interested in the Seymour amps, but I think the amp in the powered Kemper is Class D. I've been running mine now for nearly 8 years, no issue, just so you know.

• The Powestage amps use IcePower amp modules. Those are as good asClass D amplifiers get.

I put a 200ASC module (the module used in the PS200) in the back of my unpowered Toaster. Beautiful piece of gear, if you’re into that stuff.

Clean….quiet (signal/noise) ….and LOUD.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• muleblues: Wouldn't that LX (being tube power) compromise the the profiles and defeat the purpose? I've got a Fryette (VHT) 2/90/2 that I haven't even tried with the Kemper. It's really magic but I was thinking of selling it cause I don't want to haul it around anymore. I know literally anything would sound great out of it but was thinking it wouldn't present the profiles as authentically. Like playing a tube amp through a tube amp. Also the LX is a single mono isn't it? I'll get around to profiling the VHT before I ever sell it.

• I'll be patient. I pre-ordered one but according to Seymour Duncan they won't be in stock until sometime in April. Musician's Friend says March 19th. I'm doing fine with a Stewart 1u 1000watt stereo pa amp for now. That sounds great but I want to get smaller & light.

• muleblues: Wouldn't that LX (being tube power) compromise the the profiles and defeat the purpose? I've got a Fryette (VHT) 2/90/2 that I haven't even tried with the Kemper. It's really magic but I was thinking of selling it cause I don't want to haul it around anymore. I know literally anything would sound great out of it but was thinking it wouldn't present the profiles as authentically. Like playing a tube amp through a tube amp. Also the LX is a single mono isn't it? I'll get around to profiling the VHT before I ever sell it.

I am currently using the Fryette PS2. Its 50w 616 mono. The Lx II can be stereo at 50 or 100 mono. I find the SS poweramps have this overtone to the profile, digital on top of digital. I owned the SD powerstage and various class D,G poweramps/FRFR powered speaker. The closest, imho, of a tube feel with a SS is the orange pedal baby. It's a class A/B poweramp. I've watched videos of SS vs tube power amps, the tube always won out. I had to try it my self and loved it! Sure, the tube amp "colors" it a little, in a good way. Gives it a real amp feel, the way the pick bounces off the strings, it chugs! I would go back to a real tube amp before I use a SS power amp again.

Cheers!

• muleblues: If I were playing mostly guitar I might lean more that way too. I'm playing mostly pedal steel though and have migrated from tubes to ss and back to tubes and then back to ss for 38 years. For my instrument they each do something different I like. The Kemper broadcasted through the cleanest possible amp so far is the best of both worlds for me. Now, to make that clean power small and light8o and dependable for the long haul.

• 6 years with my ice power module, working great, no problems whatsoever. The powerstage should have better reliability than my acrylic DIY casing with stickers and cheap pottys XD

The answer is 42