Putting velcro under remote controller...

• I want to add my Kemper remote controller to my pedalboard. (Pedaltrain Novo 32)

But I'm kinda hesitated, on sticking velcro underneath it, to add it to the board.

It'll probably decrease the value (even) more... (If I ever decide to sell it)

Same thing with my Line 6 HX Effects.

I know there's the ''Aclam Smart Track'' pedalboards, but unfortunately you can't run cables underneath it...

So, how do you guys connect your remote controllers to your (pedal)board? (If you do that at all) ;)

• Decrease the value? How?

If you need to sell it, peel the velcro off the bottom, grab a rag and some lighter fluid (aka Naptha), remove the sticky stuff....good as new. I've done this with pedals and gear more times than I could count.

Zip ties work, but will scuff and scratch over time. That will make it less valuable to certain people.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• The product "Goof-OFF" removes all glue from surfaces without damaging the finish even bubble gum. Use it on guitar bodies, latex painted walls, appliances, glass, etc.

https://www.amazon.com/Goof-Of…&pd_rd_i=B002MPPYYS&psc=1

If I'm not mistaken, Goof Off is acetone-based. An ingredient that makes up roughly 20% of lacquer thinner.

Be careful about what type of guitar finish you use that on. It may be fine....until it isn't.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• If I'm not mistaken, Goof Off is acetone-based. An ingredient that makes up roughly 20% of lacquer thinner.

Be careful about what type of guitar finish you use that on. It may be fine....until it isn't.

Maybe Bayou’s post should read “removes all glue AND surfaces including guitar finishes” ?

I’m not sure, but I expect its OK on modern poly finishes but would be akin to applying pant stripper to nitro lacquer.

• another useful tip-

Stick some other kind off “less messy” tape to the remote then stick the velcro to that.

The other tape will act as a barrier if there’s a risk of your velcro tape leaving a sticky mess.

Similar to mentioned above, you can also get “sticky stuff remover” which is a bit like white vinegar of some kind.

if it serves a function to you then than value is probably worth more than that you think you may lose with some dirty marks. There more chance of the top surface getting damaged through use or if something gets dropped on it chipping the metal work or/and the paint.

they hold their value well so i dont think its a concern

• Maybe Bayou’s post should read “removes all glue AND surfaces including guitar finishes” ?

I’m not sure, but I expect its OK on modern poly finishes but would be akin to applying pant stripper to nitro lacquer.

I've used it on furniture lacquer finishes with no problem to remove latex overspray. I did not suggest you dip your stuff in it and soak it for an hour. You follow the instructions.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• you could use the rubber feet for this.

1. Screw some holes in the pedalboard.

2. build a litte plate (wood, metal, whatever you have around you). Screw it to the feet and use velcro tape on the plate.

just some quick ideas that will not change anything on the remote ;)