Friedman BE 50 DLX – Studio, Merged & DI-Profiles

• Hi everyone ;)

i have done a lot of profiles of my Friedman BE 50 DLX. Mainly from the BE Channel with different gain settings. Overall settings are in the comments. For the merged and studio profiles i have used the OX BOX – 412 UK Vee 30 Cab. Some Feedback would be nice … Overall they are more on the dark side … and they are made for playing loud with a band. I personally much prefer the DIs. The merged profiles sound different to the DI ones. I have no clue why?! The merged one adds bass and are more boomy. Exact same settings, Kemper DI Box used, done at the same session. Perhaps somebody has an Idea? Is this a normal behavior or am i doing something wrong?

Can be found in Rig Exchange. They are called Fried BE & Fried HBE … Author HOELL.

• Already saw them yesterday and they were too dark at first sight for playing with headphones. I will try them in the next weeks with a real cab and full volume.

But anyway, thanks for your work!

• Already saw them yesterday and they were too dark at first sight for playing with headphones. I will try them in the next weeks with a real cab and full volume.

But anyway, thanks for your work!

yep, they are dark ;) I like them that way in a loud band setting. But they cut through the mix, no problem. The other guitarist in my band plays a JCM800. Although he is way more bright, I have no problems.

But I absolutely understand that they sound too dark and boxy standalone at low levels. I will make some brighter ones this week, but they will not be bright, they will simply be a bit brighter than this one ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great stuff hoellinger - thanks a lot for the effort and for sharing them with the community! Cool thing :thumbup:8)

Quickly checked a few of those. Higher gain sounds nice, definitely in my list for further exploration.

Thanks ;) No Problem.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If someone is interested in this amp and would prefer other settings, more bright, more gain or something else – there a ton of opportunities with the switches (Fat, SATs …) let me know. No Problem, I can do it.