Cabinet storing & deleting.

• OK I'm not by my Kemper right now;( and have a question about cab browser. I would like to clean it up, right now there is a whole ton of stuff there I have to wade through. I would like to delete everything there and just store my favorites but there are filters like "from rigs". If I deleted the cabs from there will it delete them from the profiles? (I obviously don't want that) So can I delete everything from there without affecting the profiles? Or do they get automatically placed there with a new rig and are connected? I don't understand the relationship there I guess.

I was hoping that it was more like saving the output section or stomp section where I can have just what I want saved there. Hope this makes sense so I can get the right answer. Thanks.

• The PROFILER user interface allows to browse cabinets from two different sources: Presets and From Rigs.

Presets are what you store as a cabinet preset. Very similar to effect presets. The preset browser screen offers the usual Delete button. The PROFILER comes with 18 cabinet presets preinstalled based on IRs provided by Celestion. These also appear in Rig Manager at All Presets/MyProfiler with Preset Class=Cab. In Rig Manager you can select multiple of these presets and delete these in one go. You create a cabinet preset in Rig Manager by dragging the Editor cabinet module representing the cab currently loaded and drop it at All Presets.

"From Rigs" represents selective browse. That means you browse through all Rigs in your browse pool just picking the cabinet piece from those Rigs. Selective browse does exist for cabinet, amp as well as stack. If you intend to reduce this cabinet pool, you need to delete Rigs, which is porbably not, what you want. To have a small selection of favorite cabinets, presets is the way to go.

• The PROFILER comes with 18 cabinet presets preinstalled based on IRs provided by Celestion.

I Don't think mine did but now I know where to find them! I saw that "from rigs" didn't have a delete button so I figured it out that they are "attached" and the only way to remove them from there would be to take them from the device. That let me understand the correlation. The preset section lets me do exactly what I wanted, I just needed to understand the difference between the two. In presets I can add factory content, or erase everything but 3 cabs if I want.

I'm curious if you can save cab copies to "presets" directly from "all rigs" on the device or if you have to add them to a rig then save them as a preset. I'll have to look at that when I get home. Thanks this is great!

• To create a cabinet preset select a Rig, open its CAB module, press STORE, select "CAB Module", enter a name of your choice

Got it. That makes sense because then you can edit it if you'd like and save it without permanently affecting the rig you sampled it with.

• Yes, the only limitation is that you cannot yet replace cabinet presets. You have to create a new one and delete the old one.

The capability to replace presets had been implemented for effect presets first and is still on the to-do-list for other preset types.

• Yes, the only limitation is that you cannot yet replace cabinet presets. You have to create a new one and delete the old one.

The capability to replace presets had been implemented for effect presets first and is still on the to-do-list for other preset types.

As long as they are dated or time stamped, it's not a big issue to figure out which one to delete when replacing one.

• The PROFILER user interface allows to browse cabinets from two different sources: Presets and From Rigs.

Presets are what you store as a cabinet preset. Very similar to effect presets. The preset browser screen offers the usual Delete button. The PROFILER comes with 18 cabinet presets preinstalled based on IRs provided by Celestion. These also appear in Rig Manager at All Presets/MyProfiler with Preset Class=Cab. In Rig Manager you can select multiple of these presets and delete these in one go. You create a cabinet preset in Rig Manager by dragging the Editor cabinet module representing the cab currently loaded and drop it at All Presets.

"From Rigs" represents selective browse. That means you browse through all Rigs in your browse pool just picking the cabinet piece from those Rigs. Selective browse does exist for cabinet, amp as well as stack. If you intend to reduce this cabinet pool, you need to delete Rigs, which is porbably not, what you want. To have a small selection of favorite cabinets, presets is the way to go.

so i meant just to quote where it says that 18 cabs show up, and indeed they used to, but I suppose after the latest firmware update i installed , what used to be 18 cabs is now down to 5, hadn't paid attention but I just got a Kemper Kabinet and I'm eager to check out how it sounds with the various possible cabs and want to check all 18 :)

Any ideas where these all went ?

thanks

-Charles

• Updates don't delete presets nor Rigs nor Performances.

If you had 18 and now have just 5 you must have deleted some.

Mount an old PROFILER backup in Rig Manager and drag and drop the missing cabinet presets back into the PROFILER.

Or initiate a complete Factory Reset in System Settings

• the following is all thru Rig Manager :

what I mean is that if I were to right mouse pop over the "cabinet" icon for any particular patch i now see only 6 were I recall having a lot more options, if go to "all presets" which shows as 42 , of those 42 I find 13 cabs and I thought I read somewhere that the Profiler comes with 18 provided by Celestion.

embarrassed to say I don't know how to go about deleting a cabinet , so I can't imagine how I could have done so but perhaps

I have not checked if the actual Profiler ie. the hardware shows a different set of cab options than what Rig manager does, I'll check that first and then contemplate a system reset of the profiler, thanks