Controlling Delay Mix with an Expression Pedal (rehash)

• Hi - I'm new to Kemper. I came over from Fractal and HX Stomp and couldn't be happier with my switch. One thing that I'm missing is the ability to use an expression pedal to control the mix of delay. The solutions offered in another thread - with similar title - is that you can assign two levels of delay with the 'Morph' function. I've done that - and while it's okay - I miss having the entire sweep of an expression pedal - like I had on my Fractal gear. A little and a lot is a cool thing - but a little and a lot ....and everything in between - is so much better.

Either that function is in the Kemper somewhere and I'm not finding it - or that is not an option with the current firmware.

Can anyone shed any light? Thanks in advance

• Where I was going wrong - was that I was applying Fractal thinking in a Kemper world. Lol !!! In trying to figure out how to morph ONLY the mix of my delay using an expression pedal, I thought that I could assign an expression pedal to just the delay BLOCK (like I did in my Fractal). If I'm understanding this correctly, the morph is assigned to the RIG (meaning the entire chain of amp,cab and effects). So, to be able to use an expression pedal to take my delay mix from 30% to 60%, I would have to have my 'base' tone (the lower LED on my Remote footswitch) at 30%. Then in my 'morph' tone (the upper LED on my Remote footswitch) have it at 60%. If all I want in that scenario is the delay mix increase, then the rest of the chain would be duplicates of each other - whether in 'base' or 'morph' states. The end result being that only the delay mix is effected as I sweep between 'base' and 'morph' states.

Of course, I'm assuming that I can morph other functions simultaneously. Thank you for the help Ingolf and MuddySludge

BTW: For anyone who happens upon this thread and needs help, I also found help on YouTube with this vid:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It might help to think of it this way:

Any/all individual variable settings of an unmorphed setting (pedal at heel) of a rig can be Morphed to your chosen maximum or minimum values at the morphed setting (pedal at toe).

A one parameter example:

Pedal at heel: Delay mix = 0%

Pedal at toe: Delay mix= 100%

A two parameter example:

Pedal at heel:

Delay Mix = 20%

Rig Volume = 5

Pedal at toe:

Delay Mix = 50%

Rig Volume = 7

A multiple parameter example (off the top of my head, may not be musically useful):

Pedal at heel:

Treble = 1

Mid = -3

Delay Mix = 30%

Gain = 0

Rig Volume = 8

Chorus Mix = 50%

Kemper Pitch Mix = 0%

Pedal at Heel:

Treble = 0

Mid = +3

Delay Mix = 15%

Gain = 7

Rig Volume = 4

Chorus Mix = 0%

Kemper Pitch Mix = 50%

• paults - Thanks. Yes, makes perfect sense now. Before, I thought I had to 'go into the individual block' to add the expression to the block. I see now that the expression is for the RIG - and that it universally controls any parameter that has a morph function assigned to it. This is going to open up a lot of interesting options. I appreciate your willingness to help a newb. Thanks again.