A/B function

• It would be great if the Kemper would have sort of an A/B function for comparing original and edited rigs.
    could be done with the two softbuttons in the middle (between Type and Browse)
    (
    but maybe that is what the undo/redo function is about?!?)
    cheers,
    fil

• Exactly! :thumbup:

Under Undo I would expect: "make the last step of your editing undone".
    A/B compare would be: "compare all what you have edited so far with the last saved version."

A/B compare would be great! I always store a new version and then have to turn the BROWSE knob in order to compare them. That's a bit awkward.

But, hey - a s o f t w a r e e d i t o r !!! will certainly offer both undo and A/B compare!

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.

• What about: Store >>> Save as >>> Rigname 1 and switch back and forth from the original one? This is how I do it........

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• What about: Store >>> Save as >>> Rigname 1 and switch back and forth from the original one? This is how I do it........

Agreed, and that's just a couple of button pushes - not difficult or time consuming. 8)

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• That is TRUE...but on the other Hand this is 2012 :)
    guess that when most of the Software refining is done, a Bit more energy could be invested in better rig management
    don't her me wrong, i Love the Kemper, but i also see room for improvement :whistling:

• and switch back and forth from the original one?

Wow - thanks again, Sage: now I discovered how useful the RIG buttons far right are.

But still after a while I end up with lots of files called
    "D'lux 8.15"
    "D'lux 8.16"
    "D'lux 9.01" ...
    I will have to delete them manually quite soonish.

Anyway - a tool that sounds so gorgeous like the KPA can afford to have us wait a bit for this kind of "convenience" stuff like software editor of A/B compare buttons...

BTW is it true that the KPA will boot faster if it has less rigs inside? As I don't switch rigs during a gig then maybe it would be good to do a livegig.kpabackup file that only contains my latest favourite rig? Just in case I have to reboot on stage. When I come home I could load a tweeking.kpabackup file if I want to edit more?

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.

• It does not boot in less then 28 sec anyway (my unit with 1 rig running 1.1.0 beta, didn't tried yet with the Release version)

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I think for live gig use you would really need some type battery backup for your power to the KPA. That said, the boot time becomes irrelevant ...

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer