Bhahnhahnhiehs hahnd hahvhahchahdhiehs

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

An experiment in trying to write record and arrange in a more sparse manner, because literally everything I've seen recently has been "it's about knowing when to not play", from bass to jazz piano and I don't know how to play any of those things. So first went down the clean electric with all those gaps, then the bass, then acoustic, followed by some synth, rearranging the drums and finally the lead and some claps.

Spoiler - I still don't know when not to play.

• I assume when not to play is like taking a deep breath, a quick pause, or when a singer hits and holds that note towards the end of the song. Also like throwing a question out to the audience but you answer them back before they get the chance. I would think your ears would tell you if it fits or not.

Nice jazzy smorgasbord of play! "Smorgasbord" definitely a better title. ;)

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Hi Per,

interesting track, but what does the titel mean? ;)

In translation: I still don´t know when not to play, but I do It instinctively right? :D

Kemper Head - Kemper Remote - Palmer Box with Kemper Kone - TC Electronic BAM200 - Laney LFR 112

• Nice one Per, kinda light weight indeed. Less is more as they say and I do believe that (very often, not always though). With my band we're often in a situation that we need to strip out some stuff. Too much. And you did it nicely here whereby I would not say that there are many gaps created :thumbup:8)

On that note and sorry for the philosophical excursion: I once had the pleasure of a 3-day workshop with a serious and very experienced actor who did many years of performing in theaters. One of the key lessons I learned there about impressive presentation or speech: Wait. Wait. Wait even longer... still wait... now speak! It's the pause that matters to make the tone relevant :)