Is this the correct connection for a PowerHead+guitar cab+mixing desk?

• Hi everyone!
    I'm gonna hook up my powerehead to a guitar cab and i want to record the whole thing. Is THIS procedure the correct?

1)Load a merged (WITH a cab) profile
    2)Connect powerhead to cab
    3)Connect main out to mixing desk
    4)set monitor output and main out to master mono (for mono recording)
    5)select monitor cab off so the guitar cab won't get the cab simulation but the mixing desk will get it........correct?

Have i missed something?

Also, how can I empty/clear the cab module? Haven't found anything in browse. Only cab presets!

• CrazyShred

Don't switch off the cabinet module as dmatthews and BayouTexan are suggesting! This way you would record the amp without the cab via MAIN OUTPUTS.

Your approach is the right one: Activate "Monitor Cab. Off". This suppresses the cabinet simulation just for the MONITOR OUT specifically, which is also feeding the built in power amp and - consequently - the SPEAKER OUTPUT driving your physical guitar cabinet.

Just one minor corrrection: You don't need to use Merged PROFILEs. You can also use Studio PROFILEs. Any Rig including a cabinet PROFILE will work.

• Only 2 other things I would add:

1) Make sure your output level has the -12db pad on to ensure the feed is not too hot to the desk

2) unlink the volumes so the cab volume is independent of the main out volumes

Just to add, the sound you get via guitar cab and from the main out will be very different. Guitar cabs massively colour the sound. I was playing my KPA for 18 months through a guitar Cab miked up. When i finally went direct, the sound was really poor. Turned out my profiles were crap but the guitar cab masked it. Therefore, make sure you have auditioned and tuned the profiles through an FRFR, PA or at least headphones to make sure they sound good/as you expect ( if you haven't already).

Otherwise you should be good!