Create midi tracks in Reaper for Kemper

• Hi guys. I want to have a setup in which our Cymatic LP-16 can be used to control my Kemper and switch between relevant patches. I have read this great article around the subject, but still don't fully understand what I need to do. I am using Reaper, and as I understand it I need to create a Program Change (PC) under event properties on my Midi tracks. So here is my question: which values do I need to insert in the Event Properties dialogue box? In my example here, i am using slot 3 and I need to switch between the 5 different patches within slot 3, meaning 11 through 15 (see attached files).

• I just literally put out more or less the same question. Did you already get a solution on this topic? More over, on my windows computer, this appeared to work, but via MAC, this turned out to be a 4 hours loss of time without any positive result.

Luk -- Rhythm Guitar player with October Changes

• I just started using this. Simply send the program change to the right midi output (the one connected to the Kemper). 11 through 15 for the 3rd slot.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• In performance mode you can send MIDI CC#50 value 1 for slot 1, CC#51 value 1 for slot 2, CC#52 value 1 for slot 3, CC#53 value 1 for slot 4 and CC#54 value 1 for slot 5.

• I just started using this. Simply send the program change to the right midi output (the one connected to the Kemper). 11 through 15 for the 3rd slot.

Do you PLEASE have a print screen of you MIDI PC (program control) in reaper, and what other fx have you activated to get it work?

• In performance mode you can send MIDI CC#50 value 1 for slot 1, CC#51 value 1 for slot 2, CC#52 value 1 for slot 3, CC#53 value 1 for slot 4 and CC#54 value 1 for slot 5.

Now this looks pretty simple, and almost to good to be true :) but clearly will check it. Does it also work when the "middle" - pass through - midi is from a Quad Cortex (our lead guitarist) his amp?

• Now this looks pretty simple, and almost to good to be true :) but clearly will check it. Does it also work when the "middle" - pass through - midi is from a Quad Cortex (our lead guitarist) his amp?

if you use a QC as your MIDI interface and it follows the MIDI standard you should check if the output is set to thru in the system settings of the QC.

• Do you PLEASE have a print screen of you MIDI PC (program control) in reaper, and what other fx have you activated to get it work?

Don't use Reaper, but try channel 1 and then the right PC. Is it position you are in doubt about?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Don't use Reaper, but try channel 1 and then the right PC. Is it position you are in doubt about?

Not position , it's the controls for the midi that are not being send to the kemper. On windows workds perfect, on mac it gives me the middle finger

• if you use a QC as your MIDI interface and it follows the MIDI standard you should check if the output is set to thru in the system settings of the QC.

ok, let's first tackle part one, where my controls from the reaper in windows don't appear to work on the reaper on mac.. it should be very basic, just a control to switch some rig in a performance. THIS currently fails on a macbook to kemper with a midi to usb. What midi control , program change or whatever, should be assigned and what values?

• ok, let's first tackle part one, where my controls from the reaper in windows don't appear to work on the reaper on mac.. it should be very basic, just a control to switch some rig in a performance. THIS currently fails on a macbook to kemper with a midi to usb. What midi control , program change or whatever, should be assigned and what values?

I cannot help you with Reaper but the Profiler responds to any MIDI program change that is sent on the same MIDI channel that the Profiler is receiving regardless if the DAW is running on Windows or OSX.

• Issue is no more, all is working. Thanks for the responses. If desired, I can always upload a screen video of my settings that worked like a charm.

• Agree, but it's "working" in a limited way, so I just updated the firmware as there apparently were some firmware issues for Midi, so when I got that confirmed, I can share the vid.