Getting a bit sick of these.......

• im going to say it again all those 3 devices are great units,for exemple this guy is using the Helix it sound bad to you?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Guitar: Fender Strat HSS<3 Schecter Custom Solo II

Signal Chain: Kemper->AxeFX 3>Neural QC>Apollo Twin->M-Audio Monitors

Computer:Mac Studio

• No kidding about Helix. <X

I was on a concert of Corroded and that Helix-based sound blew me away although I am a Kemper lover. Pretty sure that with each of that toys you can achieve something great. Though the one unit with a different approach is the Kemper and so far not a bit disappointed.

• Helix, Axe and Quad all sound great but have some pro's and con's ( which we all know and so does the KPA).

I'm sure no one on here seriously is suggesting those units don't sound good and not the purpose of this thread.

Its all in the set up...

• Last weekend I had a private gig in a local social club.

Being able to sound just through the PA (we all use IEMs) is just fantastic. The absolute control of volumen and panning takes you to a new level (I think it's not necessary to tell in this forum about the sound quality you get from Kemper).

That and an Evertune equipped guitar and I was in paradise.

I just missed we had, for the first time, and lost, the chance to use one of those transparent drum shields (yes, our drummer is the missing link).

• Perhaps start setting the seed for a shiny new set of TD-50's ;) He could sell the drum shield and use the money as a down payment ;).

• Would you mind revealing which one you like for leads? I love that pack and am always curious what other people prefer. I like B5T and B6K a lot.

Sorry, I missed this.

No problem in telling you, just haven't got my kemper to hand. I'll take a look and post :).

I don't tweak much either so it will pretty much be straight out the box...

• No problem in telling you, just haven't got my kemper to hand. I'll take a look and post :).

Thanks Is fun to try what other people have found works great for them. There are a couple from the SLO in there that are pretty fun too. I Kinda float around different packs and have been messing with that one again. There's just so much in there. I wish some profilers would just have say 8 of the best tones for a particular amp and sell that amp as a separate pack instead of 30 variations of the same amp you have to wade through or a pack that has 10 amps in it to wade through..

• You always trust the audience (not you or your friends) to tell you if your tone is good.

Not always. The audience usually experiences your tone at a much higher volume than yourself when tweaking through your headphones, monitors or whatever. So they're getting a lot more of it and it's way easier to be impressed if you're getting a higher dose of volume. Almost everything starts to sound better when the volume increases. So yeah audience experiences are very valuable but they're not quite as crucial as your own listening and tweaking sessions, IMHO.

• Thanks Is fun to try what other people have found works great for them. There are a couple from the SLO in there that are pretty fun too. I Kinda float around different packs and have been messing with that one again. There's just so much in there. I wish some profilers would just have say 8 of the best tones for a particular amp and sell that amp as a separate pack instead of 30 variations of the same amp you have to wade through or a pack that has 10 amps in it to wade through..

Just for you, I've pulled out my KPA from its slumber.....

Its the Freed 50 HB 3K from Crank-n-Go, plus I have the studio EQ on using an EQ preset but for the life of me I can't find it now .

DonPetersen or Burkhard - did one of you recommend a studio preset for cutting through in the mix? I can't remember or find what it was!