Digitech JamMan with Kemper

• Hello Hive Mind!

So I want to use a Digitech JamMan along with my Kemper for two reasons. (1) I prefer the looping capabilities of it over the Kemper's, and (2) I will be playing pre-recorded loops and background tracks with it.

I am trying to figure out how to incorporate it so that I'm able to record guitar loops and also play other tracks - in STEREO.

I am thinking that the overall output of the JamMan should come AFTER the amp itself, because I don't want the recorded samples and such going through the guitar FX/amps, etc. But I also need to have my guitar signal in line, so I can loop it at will. I included a photo of the JamMan's back panel, as well as the Kemper rack for your convenience.

Thank you for any advice/help you can give. I just can't get my head around it. THANKS!!!

• I would probably run it after the Kemper. That way you can capture any of the sounds from the Kemper in your loops. If that isn't what you are looking for, I would put it in the loop.

• Hi,

I assume you can trigger the backing tracks and loops independently of each other? If so, I would put it after the main outputs before any mixing desk. However, that may cause you an issue if you intend to use the monitor output for monitoring , as the loops and backing tracks would not be present. Any monitoring would have to be provided from the desk in this case.
    There have been some other threads talking about using third party loopers. I seem to remember there was one where someone was struggling with getting Jamman levels right. It was a while ago now though.
    Good luck.
    Hope you work it out.

Cheers

Pre-Amp

• I have a similar device from Digitech. The Trio+ which has also a looper function. I plug in my guitar into the instrument input. I always thought that the Jam Man has also an instrument jack input next to the MIC input. Your picture shows no such input which is a bit strange. In any case you should connect your guitar first with the Jam Man. I am then going out of my Digitech with a TRS stereo cable via FX send into the (Guitar) input of my Kemper stage and via Send 1 out of the Kemper Stage back into the FX return of my Digitech Trio+ - again using a stereo TRS jack cable. Then I go out of the Digitech using either my headphones or an amp. The signal which I receive is stereo. But to be able to use the guitar effects also I have to use the Rig Manager on my I-pad and turn on "Stack" under the menu Output -> Send 1. Then I can use any profile with my guitar without messing up with the clean sound of my Digitech and can still use all functions of the Digitech. I have no idea if this works with your setup but if it helps I am glad. It took me a while to find out which setup will work for me.