How Much Tweaking On The KPA's Included Profiles Are You Doing?

• I don't know another modelling gear which needs less tweaking than the kemper. It's unbelievable but it's true.
    Of course if you have bad pickups you will have bad tone.
    All high gain tones work perfectly with my les paul, i know it has a good (custom) pickup which work for everything real.(high gain)
    The KPA is the best modeler by far on the market today. It's not a legend. :D

• I generally use ALL the parameters available to make good sounding rig a great sounding one (to my ear/taste), not because I have to but because I like to.

Me too, I like a lot tweaking and I use all the available parameters to build the sound for that particoular taste, guitar, song...
    But beside this, the Kemper Amp is the first and unique modeler, profiler, that without any tweak already sounds GREAT!

• Let me say so ... in most cases you have a great tone by choosing any good profile.
    By a little tweaking (and adapting to your guitar) you will get a huge sound to your liking.

As I made a homesession last week with a friend (who ownes a very well programmed GT8, I'd gotten the KPA just 3 days)
    we noticed that there is a big difference between guitars (he has a godin LGX... an I use an Ibanez).
    Sometimes rigs that had much drive yet with my guitar were almost clean or crunchy with his...
    So many rigs I call I have simply to reduce gain and the tone is great ...
    Ba the way .... after half an hour he said the GT 8 now sounds like a cardbox .... :D

• If the profile does not sound right from the beginning, I just don't use it. I use the amp EQ only like I would do with a real amp. Gain level and different reverb levels will be touched and some effects added. Using another cab does more for me than tweaking EQs.

That's what I like so much about the KPA. I play music instead of tweaking. There are so many "ready to play" sounds available, so that I don't mess with the once which need a lot of tweaking.

• Still new user , less than a month of tweaking , and this is very useful topic,thanks.

What I am doing is to tweak certain profile to the exact (as much as possible ) tone of my favored songs/guitarists .
    Before that , a little home work to find everything about specific guitarist setup ,than find the same or similar amp profile in the Kemper jungle .

On that way I've already done - Richie Blackmore (Mistreated live in Ca) , Satriani (The Forgotten) , Petrucci (Bombay ) and few songs from Paul Gilbert .

I tweak every parameter I can , just to get that sound very close to original , alive and kicking .

Special pleasure is when I manage to get the "better" sound than original . 8)

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• If the profile does not sound right from the beginning, I just don't use it. I use the amp EQ only like I would do with a real amp. Gain level and different reverb levels will be touched and some effects added. Using another cab does more for me than tweaking EQs.

That's what I like so much about the KPA. I play music instead of tweaking. There are so many "ready to play" sounds available, so that I don't mess with the once which need a lot of tweaking.

+1 This ^^ :D

• In other words:

I am allmost about to complain vehemently to CK that he relieved me from tweaking, testing, changing tubes, modifying, buying no amps . . . He shameless stole my hobby. :evil:

It is simply not neccessary anymore. No time wasting anymore.

Now I have no excuses. I must play right. No more: So sound wasn't right tonight, I couldn't hear myself good. The tone didn't give me the right inspiration . . . It's all over now :(