1/4 inch Main Outputs Jacks

• I have a couple questions.

1. are the 1/4 inch main output jacks, (the ones that sit right next to the XLR Main outputs) are they balanced or unbalanced?..

2. What is the best/proper way to connect an unpowered Kemper Rack to a stereo guitar power amp so I can power two custom guitar cabinets?

I have a nasty hum when I run out of my Cat5 snake box which is XLR output(male) to TS 1/4 inch to the effects return on my tone block 202. When I use a regular guitar cable and by pass the Cat 5 box, and use the monitor output to the FX return of the quilter the hum is gone.

• They are unbalanced.

There is no best/proper way, really. Have you tried the ground lift on the main outs?

On the Head/Rack - it’s the red button just above the outputs.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Edited once, last by Ruefus ().

• I have The Kemper Main outs, monitor, and direct out that run into a cat 5 box that is mounted inside the rack. that cat five box is connected via a RJ 45 Ethernet cable that runs out of the Cat 5 box into a RJ45ass through jack mounted on the side of the rack, from there I run a short 3 ft cat5/ Ethernet cable to another cat 5 box that sits outside of the rack, so essentially everything gets plugged into from the outside of the rack and the rear cover doesn’t have to be removed

I run an FRFR monitor I have no issues with the hum for exception of volume hiss from the monitor.

what is weird is I can take my TS cable to xlr cable and plug that into straight into the XLR main output to the FX return and the quilter is quiet for the exception the output isn’t as strong. As soon as I run that same cable from my CAT5 box (outside of the rack) into the effects return I get this loud hum using that same cable.

I’m assume something about this Cat 5 XLR box doesn’t play well with guitar amps.

• Re your 1st question - see Main Manual 8.5, chapter "Technical Specifications", pages 354 -359. You can download Main Manual from the Kemper web.

I have looked at the manual and i couldn’t find out whether those 1/4 inch outputs that reside next to the main XLR outputs where balanced or unbalanced. It also does not confirm these 4 outputs can be utilized at the same time which was another question I had about a month ago and somebody on here said yes you could run all of them at the same time. Maybe I missed something I don’t know.