Increase volume rigs exceeding 0 dbs? It is recommended

• I have a performance with rigs that I really like, but the amp profile is a bit low on volume. It is noticeable compared to other performance.

Rig volume is at 0 db and I was wondering what would be more correct, to increase dbs in rig volume even if it exceeds 0 dbs, or to lower the volume of all the other rigs of the other performances?

• Thats OK. However how about raising the volume in the amp section instead?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Thanks for your answer. Until now I have not wanted to touch the volume in the amp section because I suspect (I don't know if I'm right) that the volume in this place pushes the later effects more strongly, which would vary the sound. On the other hand, in Rig volume (as far as I understand) increasing it increases the volume of the Rig without affecting any parameter.

• Thanks for your answer. Until now I have not wanted to touch the volume in the amp section because I suspect (I don't know if I'm right) that the volume in this place pushes the later effects more strongly, which would vary the sound. On the other hand, in Rig volume (as far as I understand) increasing it increases the volume of the Rig without affecting any parameter.

That is true. But wouldn't you rather all your amp rigs pushed the post effects the same way? Use the amp volume to accomplish even output across different rigs.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Thanks for your answer. Until now I have not wanted to touch the volume in the amp section because I suspect (I don't know if I'm right) that the volume in this place pushes the later effects more strongly, which would vary the sound

It's just a volume control, so unless you have a drive effect in the EFFECTS section (?), a higher volume will not change the sound.

• It's just a volume control, so unless you have a drive effect in the EFFECTS section (?), a higher volume will not change the sound.

In the effects section I only have an equalizer, tremolo, delay and reverb.

Doesn't the amp volume affect the behavior of these effects?

If they receive the highest signal shouldn't it be so?

• It might affect any use of ducking that needs to be tweaked. But that's just another reason to use amp volume to make your amp profiles output a consistent level.

The actual sound of these effects will not be affected as they are all linear.

• It also affects Compressors in the EFFECTS section.

the Compressor STOMP in the PROFILER is a model of a vintage stomp box limiter, and not a 1176 type affair - I can't think of any scenario where this would make sense. While (or probably because) I do have some experience with compression, I also know when not to use it - distorted guitar is one of those areas unless you want the completely lifeless metal sound.
    The Compression parameter in the AMP section is much more musical.

To answer your original question, I purely use Rig volume to balance my rigs, many are way over 0db and sound fine to me :).

Amp volume is another alternative.

• the Compressor STOMP in the PROFILER is a model of a vintage stomp box limiter, and not a 1176 type affair - I can't think of any scenario where this would make sense. While (or probably because) I do have some experience with compression, I also know when not to use it - distorted guitar is one of those areas unless you want the completely lifeless metal sound.
    The Compression parameter in the AMP section is much more musical.

Agree on all points but just pointing out that it does affect compression incase anyone does use it.

however, you comment above does als raise a good point about compressor types. I hate the “vintage pedal” type sound (Dynacomp/Ross make me puke) it would be so great to see some other compressor styles (including an 1176) added to the KPA. The only compressor stomp I ever managed to like was my Cali76 (an 1176 style pedal.

• Agree on all points but just pointing out that it does affect compression incase anyone does use it.

however, you comment above does als raise a good point about compressor types. I hate the “vintage pedal” type sound (Dynacomp/Ross make me puke) it would be so great to see some other compressor styles (including an 1176) added to the KPA. The only compressor stomp I ever managed to like was my Cali76 (an 1176 style pedal.

The Cali76 is a nice pedal. I'm currently using a Boss CP-1X in front on the Kemper Stage and always keep it on. Love the sound of that pedal!