Excuse me, but it needs to be said...

• The Kemper profiler is absolutely marvelous. Revolutionary. A real game changer. I honestly can't believe this thing exists.

How can something this magnificent get paired with the worst software I have ever used? I am at my wit's end with Rig Manager. It works just fine most of the time. But when I run into problems, the entire application becomes completely unusable. This happens at least once a week. I have to re-install it 4 or 5 times and dick around on my computer for an hour or two in order to get it to work again. I just cannot believe this is so unreliable.

• I have not had any issues with RM on a few different Windows PCs. Having to reinstall it sounds strange. But I only use RM for editing profiles. I do not play around with any other settings/options.

I usually get into USB errors when editing too fast and the Kemper does not have time to catch up. Or if I edit a sound on the Rig Exchange then try to save it to the Kemper. It is best to save it first then edit it.

I wish had some good advice. On the PC side it sounds like your Hard Drive is getting fragged, Anti Virus is messing it up, or Windows is messing up the .NET runtime files RM runs on. Like maybe some app installed after you installed RM uses a different version of .NET and Windows keeps updating to the wrong version???

• While I’ve worked with more stable software, I experience almost none of what you describe.

I’d be pissed, too.

Have you contacted support?

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I just cannot believe this is so unreliable.

it might be unreliable for you but it isn't in general. Also, what you've posted in another thread though, doesn't sound like what you post here:

"I've owned my kemper for about 2 years now. Rig Manager worked perfectly for about a year. Since then, it is completely unreliable. I have no idea why it won't just work as expected. After dicking around on my computer for hours, I can usually get it to work again. I'm not sure what exactly "fixes" the issue., but rig manager will start to function normally. unfortunately, more issues are guaranteed to surface within about a week or 2."

I suggest you contact support.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• I don't even touch my Profiler other than to turn it on and off. I use RM for everything. Works good. It only needs an Undo button.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.