One More Direct Profile Question

• I'm preparing to do a direct profile of my tube pre with tube power amp. I'll be doing several settings and would like to know if some of them should be with the tubes pushed hard with lots of volume. Is that necessary in order to get that aspect of the amp profiled ? I really have little understanding of the profiling technology. Do you guys doing direct profiles really crank on them to get that tube sag or does the Kemper somehow detect that through the circuitry? I've scoured the manual but haven't seen anything about volume levels for direct profiling.

• You will want to adjust the amp to where you would play it to get the tone you are looking for. The profiling process will capture the characteristics of the amp at those settings.

• There is no use profiling an amp with settings that sound like poop. Just make it sound good then profile it. No one is going to care what settings you set the amp at. Everyone just wants good tone. You should be able to squeeze out at least 3-4 good tones out of one amp from clean to high gain.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I'm preparing to do a direct profile of my tube pre with tube power amp. I'll be doing several settings and would like to know if some of them should be with the tubes pushed hard with lots of volume. Is that necessary in order to get that aspect of the amp profiled ? I really have little understanding of the profiling technology. Do you guys doing direct profiles really crank on them to get that tube sag or does the Kemper somehow detect that through the circuitry? I've scoured the manual but haven't seen anything about volume levels for direct profiling.

Just to echo what everyone has said, the profile process is a snapshot of an amp at its particular settings so yes set it how you want to hear it :)