Reverb.com linking of user bank accounts not cool.

• A bit of a rant but a cautionary tale. I sold a pedal on Reverb two weeks ago. Reverb wanted me to link my bank account via Plaid.com to get paid. I refused. They used to pay me in credits to buy other stuff on Reverb. Long story short was they finally paid my Paypal account after I told them I would contact the FTC but would remove me from their website. Plaid was already settling a $58 million class-action lawsuit for abusing customer bank data for the last 8 years. Millions of customers would receive about 0.44 cents in recovery. Your bank will tell you never to share your login and password with any 3rd party sites because they can gain full access. Reverb and Plaid can go F-chord themselves. If you want to do business with Reverb, I suggest you open a super low balance bank account strictly for online sales and unlink any credit cards in case it gets hacked by 3rd party sites. Cheers!

https://topclassactions.com/.../plaid-data-privacy-58m.../

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Thanks for sharing this. I didn't know they were doing that. I use an account for PayPal that never has any money in it and it has not overdraft protection so if someone gets into it they can't get any money. I have been doing that for years. When I receive money I immediately transfer it out of that account. I would recommend doing this no matter what pay service you use. I don't trust any of them. There are far too many hacks happening these days. The fact that they are already in a class action lawsuit would be enough for me to never create an account with them. They are already proven to not be trustworthy.