Profiler sound problem

• Its HAS to be something between my interface and DAW just tried the neural DSP plugin the Cali Suite AND the Nameless suite completely bypassing the kemper going direct into my clarett 4pre and its there too!...so that throws out the kemper completely! haha...so now i KNOW it cant be the Kemper and thank Jupiters Balls it aint it was breaking my heart all that financial investment i was convinced i lost lol so now it have to join more forums and go through the whole process again with Focusrite and Cubase...FML!

I am betting it is a setting in the Focusrite. I have read many threads with people complaining of issues with the Focusrite interfaces. They seem to usually revolve around the preamps or settings for them in the unit. The good news is that It seems people get the issues resolved. It just may take a little time to figure out which setting needs adjusted.

• I am betting it is a setting in the Focusrite. I have read many threads with people complaining of issues with the Focusrite interfaces. They seem to usually revolve around the preamps or settings for them in the unit. The good news is that It seems people get the issues resolved. It just may take a little time to figure out which setting needs adjusted.

Ive stumbled accross a few threads concerning asio4all drivers conflicting with focusrite asio drivers resulting in bad audio results...I'm currently at work so I can't test out this theory but I will give it a look later when I get home.

• Ive stumbled accross a few threads concerning asio4all drivers conflicting with focusrite asio drivers resulting in bad audio results...I'm currently at work so I can't test out this theory but I will give it a look later when I get home.

Yep, thats what I had....and I can;t remeber how it was resolved....just horrible.

• SUCCESS!!!! FINALY!!! MY LIL TOASTER SOUNDS LIKE IT SHOULD!!! after 4 years of misery and heartbreak im FINALY getting those wonderful tones I've dreamed of from my Kemper!! and Crikey does she sound amazing!! After spending multiple hundreds and up into the 1000's replacing cables upgrading interfaces and even buying new guitars i almost gave up all together and was on the verge of selling my whole studio setup but i hung in there and ya wanna know the answer? it was the ASIO4ALL driver (i totally forgot it was even installed). So i found on some Focusrite forum its bad to have ASIO4ALL installed/running as it clashes badly with the asio driver that comes with the Focusrite Control Software driver resulting in a horrendously bad sound...MY bad sound! the one that was hacking into my signal giving it that "broken fizzy digital fizz" sound that has plagued me since 2018. The remedy was to fully uninstall ASIO4ALL remove it completely from my PC then fully uninstall ALL of Focusrite control software then re-install all of Focusrite Control Software and you will be ready to ROCK!I seriously! I could NOT be more excited at how my bundles ive bough over the years that I thought were all complete dogsh*t now sound amazing! SO many big smiles on my face right now. So yeah if ya have a Focusrite interface make sure to fully uninstall ASIO4ALL and completely remove it from your computer then uninstall ALL of Focusrite Control Software then RE-install Focusrite Control Software obviously do a PC restart. Rock on! #happytimes8|:love:8|:love:

• I wonder if ASIO4ALL got reinstalled on an auto-update? Weird.

At this point in my opinion God only knows i feel like ive exhausted all my options. I haven't tried a full re-install of Cubase but to be honest I'm not sure that would resolve anything. Downside is the Cubase forum is nowhere near as active as the awesome Kemper forum so I could be waiting weeks for a response. I'm still positive that one day i WILL get a result though. 👊☺️

• oh and I'm not sure if I've mentioned this but way back when I had my first focusrite (solo 2nd gen) I had the same problem so I upgraded to the Focusrite 2i4 and had the same problem then I upgraded to my current interface the Focusrite clarett 4pre and its still the same issue.

I've also noticed (I may have mentioned this) that when I go Guitar direct into Interface (taking the kemper out of the chain completely) and using a plugin like Neural dsp I run into the exact same problem which is a great relief it eliminated the kemper but I'm still stuck with the problem haha urrrgh the stress lol I feel really rotten I have to come here and put my misery on you.

I'm starting to think when thought I had the solution when I removed asio4all it didn't actually do anything but I was so desperate for a result I tricked my head into thinking it was fixed.

However! I'm staying optimistic I've come too far to just give up now 👊

Thank you dudes for putting up with my whinging and crying for the past 4 years x

• so I got a reply from a fellow in the cubase forum stating my interface should be the Master and my Kemper should be the slave so I had a look around on Google and apparently depending on the year your unit was made.Any unit built before 2018 the kemper has to be master and any unit built after 2018 can be set to slave...I feel I'm going deeper into the rabbit hole here lol.

• Cubase is a beast, at least when it's the Pro version. At least in terms of routing it can easily get overwhelming. And then add the routing in your audio interface (via Focusrite Control).

Let me ask you a couple of questions:

Are you familiar with the concept of "zero latency monitoring" of your audio interface?

Do you make sure you do NOT monitor audio inputs through your DAW (Cubase)?

Are you sure you don't send any DAW audio back to the Profiler, e.g. via S/PDIF?

You need to find a systematic way to troubleshoot. Make your setup as simple as possible!

And ... go analog, scrap S/PDIF for some time to troubleshoot.

• I monitor through my kemper signal that goes direct into my interface via SPDIF (Kemper OUT to Interface IN) which comes out of my monitors that are connected to the outputs on the back of my interface. I never monitor through the DAW due to latency I'm not sure if I'm unknowingly sending some kind of DAW signal back to my kemper sorry I'm really NOOB at all this stuff how would I know if iam? I know (or assume) my DAW is sending a signal through my USB cable into my interface to come out the same output into my monitors that my Kemper is coming out of...man my head is hurting...what happened to just rocking out and having fun? Haha I'm at work at the moment so I'm not actually infront of my setup but I will try scrapping the SPDIF way and use the analogue connection 👊