Lost but not found

• Burkhard "There are often several ways to achieve the same or similar results. Such section presets are not visible in Rig Manager as well as PROFILER. Stage. But if you have such a precious combination of effects, that you intend to use more than once, you have probably used it once in a Rig already. Then you can temporarily lock the modules and "copy" it into a destination Rig this way. This process works for two, three or four modules or even beyond second boundaries e.g. modules C, D, DLY and REV."

Several software updates ago I lost ALL of my rigs except what was already saved to performances. RM was empty except for these. I went through support several times with no progress at all. I was advised to send in the file in my MAC "User/Documents/Kemper Amps/RigManager/DebugLog.txt" I cannot find or recreate this DebugLog. This preset issue you discussed above seems similar. I am sure all of these reside in a backup, I just don't which one. I have loaded the free rig packs and I have a whopping 612 rigs available versus the 16k rigs available previously. I lost several hundred presets (visible with the KPA only of course). I have made many many changes to performances since then. I know I can restore an old backup, but then I don't know how to merge this with the many rigs I've edited that are currently in the performances I am using and need. Since Support couldn't help me (Ticket ##KA00218056)I thought I'd ask the expert - you. Can you or someone else help me please?

Gary ô¿ô

• It would be nice for Kemper to provide a software tool that could allow parsing of the backup files. I'm sure they or whoever they farmed out Rig Manager to has one. Or better yet, provide the file format so we can develop our own.

• You can mount any old PROFILER backup in Rig Manager and pick Rigs, presets and Performances from it.

I doubt, that you lost Rigs because of an update. This has never happened. Perhaps you performed a downgrade instead and Rigs formerly stored under a new OS version became incompatible with the older OS version. While these Rigs might not appear in the old OS version, these are not lost. Upgrade again and these will reappear.

The note above was related to section presets in particular. So presets of the entire Stomps Section (modules A-D) and Effects Section (modules X-REV). These are still available in Head and Rack models, but we have decided to not support these anymore in Rig Manager nor in the Stage model. The Stage doesn't even offer the physical buttons to access these sections.

• I understand that these presets still reside within the KPA though not in RM. That's not going to get my recently tweaked rigs back into performances however. I will have to write down all the particular settings and then recreate them one at a time, by hand, it sounds like, into an earlier update, and save all these. This is exactly what I was trying to avoid. And no, I did NOT do a downgrade, I have not, and would never do that! I'll try what you suggest Burkhard. I'm sure the rigs will appear also, I just know the many changes I have made in the past few months will be reversed and I will in fact have to manually recreate the tweaks I've done recently.

Gary ô¿ô

• Hey PRSGary. I don't know if this will help you but it's something you might try if you still have older performances in a backup.

You can export or drag performances from Rig Manager to a disk file. For example, I just dragged a Local Library performance to my desktop and it is a .kperformance file with the performance name.

So if you start by making a current backup so you have all your current changes. Then load your older backup and export/drag the performances you wanted to disk files. Reload the current backup then import/drag your saved performances back into Local Library.

Still a bit of work, but maybe easier than trying to set each one up by hand.

Hope that helps.

• You seem to be not familiar with the feature to mount an old PROFILER backup in Rig Manager. The old backup opens as a location, which is read only. You can then pick individual Rigs, preset or Performances from this backup location and directly copy into MyProfiler or Local Library. You don't have to restore the old backup. or work through your desktop.

• You're right, I haven't ever needed to mount an old backup, and thanks to your instructions in #7, I won't even have to. It's much simpler than I thought. I'm good now, all present and working correctly. Thanks for the help.

Gary ô¿ô