Kemper + Kone sounds….. bad…

• Hello everyone,

I absolutely love the Kemper and have used it live for a few years now. I got the Kemper Kone (the cabinet) fairly recently and have really struggled to dial it in to sound any good. I play a lot of church music where its very important to get the gain correct and the Kemper sounds AMAZING going to FOH but if I play through the Kone, it sounds fake and extra gain-y (if that’s a word) no matter which imprint I select.

Has anyone figured out the best way to set up all the output settings so that the Kemper + Kone sounds approximately as the FOH would sound, or closer to the amp-in-the-room sound? Because right now, it definitely does not. My Kone has just been sitting there while I use my studio monitors.

Please help! :)

• You can set the Kone imprint to Full Range Mode to get a sound closer to FOH.

And you only connect an UnPowered Kab to the red ring speaker out on the back.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• This is more apple's to oranges as I have an unpowered Kemper going into a class D amp and an open back cabinet with a Kone in it. It sounds good in FRFR mode which I use almost all the time, and with speaker imprints, I have never taken the time to really audition the imprints on very many profiles yet. It sounds good as an in the room amp but doesn't match the sound of monitors all that well but I pretty much use it as a combo amp.

The volume setting and amp boost will definitely be different for your powered profiler but the others might be a starting point to at least try, again apple's to oranges, a lot of different variables between our rigs.

Low Cut- 80.0 Hz

High Cut - 4250.1 Hz

Amp Boost - 0.0 db

Pure Cabinet - 3.0

Monitor Output Volume = -18.0 db

Directivity - 4.5

Sweetening - 0.0

• So, I wasn't able to solve the problem with any of this advice. How do I switch the Kabinet to FRFR mode? I don't see that as an imprint option. I'm curious if anyone who uses the Kabinet with a powered Kemper and some mbritt profiles can send me pictures of their input and output settings (screen by screen) so I can see if I just have a setting wrong somewhere. I'm worried its set for a 2 monitor setup as opposed to a live setup and all that other stuff that I don't know what to do with. There's just sooo many options here.

• So, I wasn't able to solve the problem with any of this advice. How do I switch the Kabinet to FRFR mode?

Like this: Select Cab module, left click on Use Global Imprint and select Full-Range Mode.

Or go to page 8/9 in the Output settings of the profiler.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Quote from Page 96 Kemper Main Manual

 KEMPER Kone

The KEMPER Kone is fully controlled by the software of your PROFILER. Please activate its “intelligence”, navigate

to the “KEMPER Kone” page in the Output Section and press the soft button labeled “KEMPER Kone”.

You will find three familiar parameters that we have mirrored on the KEMPER Kone page for your convenience: Monitor Volume, Monitor Stereo and Monitor Cab Off. When Monitor Cab Off is not highlighted, the KEMPER Kone works in full-range mode.