Double tracker

• The double tracker is a great idea but still not usable in any pro situation. Drop outs and lag when triggered by certain transients. The most recent update 8.7.0.36194 is an improvement but still not there yet.

Why can we not have stereo cabs? Is there technical reason? This would be an amazing new feature.

Kemper rules!!

:)

• You can get stereo kabs. Buy two of them. A single cab with 2 speakers wired in stereo is pretty useless since the stereo field will be as narrow as mono. You would have to stand/sit directly in front of it to enjoy stereo separation, so that leaves you with an audience of one.

Try using a Chorus effect dialed down with the DT to get a better result.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Thank you for your input but is not relevant to my post. I run stereo on stage 16 - 4x12 cabs 8 on each side. Powered by 500 tube watts (250 a side) via the kemper monitor send with no cab section.. The main outs go from Kemper direct to FOH. I do not prefer a 20 mill sec delay to separate left and right. The double tracker is a potential solution once they get it worked out. Kemper does not have a stereo cab section in which this could be achieved with stereo IR's, the other option would be to use two tones for cab section to FOH but not preferred. If Kemper could stereo-ize the cabs section we can run stereo I/R's (as they are mono currently) This would be a great addition.

• So I misread what you were saying? Do you mean you would like to have two cab modules in the Kemper; one for left out and the other for right out?

• You only need the one cab and some IEM, the other cabs can just be empty boxes for show 8o

No the interaction between cabs, pic ups and TUBES create something you can not produce on a big stage with small rig or DI alone. More cabs equals lower stage volume and more coverage area . Monitors and side fill do not reproduce this effect. Going direct still has to have old school rig setup along with it other wise your sound is DEAD!

• I think the two cab modules might not be supported because of Kemper's memory limitation and internal hardware. I say this because others would love to have "dual rigs" options but it's not possible with the current model. However, you are able to get an independent left and right pong on a dual delay module. So, it is intriguing to think about splitting the cab the same way. Like a Dual Cab effect with a 200% stereo width where you can select imprints for left and right. Just wishful thinking for now.

• I think the two cab modules might not be supported because of Kemper's memory limitation and internal hardware. I say this because others would love to have "dual rigs" options but it's not possible with the current model. However, you are able to get an independent left and right pong on a dual delay module. So, it is intriguing to think about splitting the cab the same way. Like a Dual Cab effect with a 200% stereo width where you can select imprints for left and right. Just wishful thinking for now.

Thank you for answering this, I suspect you are correct. Cheers!!!!!

• I don't practice stereo but i assume, as said BayouTexan, that stereo effects should lead you where you wanna go.

IMHO, a dual cab would add nothing except if you can select a different one between left and right : one greenback left, one jensen right to really have a different imprint but, if it would be possible, i think we would like a dual amp too (thing i'm really not interested in) ! ;)

• Better way is put doubler in front two of amp with raw guitar signal.

[YOUTUBE]

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/YOUTUBE]

• I think if you need 64 x 12" speakers to get your sound you have some specific requirements right there. Seems pretty wild to drag a whole truck full of speaker cabs to every gig, but that's entertainment. 😎

• You only need the one cab and some IEM, the other cabs can just be empty boxes for show 8o

I've played some pretty big stages (Outdoor 6,000 people etc.) with a 1x12 and monitors. Easy. Most bands have their amps hidden as nobody cares about the "stack look" anymore. I like it but it seems to have fallen out of favor.

• I thought the double tracker was a cool addition. Personally, I like to concoct my own "doubler" by offsetting copied tracks in milliseconds, or (mostly) by using delay split with main track on one side panned variable and the delay bused to the other. Then maybe add some modulation to one track to get it to move around a bit. It may sound like a lot more work than browsing the EQ to the doubletracker but I always have a bus with a 28 ms delay & modulation ready and can set it up by turning the pan and raising a slider. Gives a lot of control.