Hello to Kemper Klan

• Greetings all.

I'm a new Kemper user, based in Chicagoland, USA. I received my Profiler ("toaster") from Sweetwater yesterday, and have been playing guitar for the past 26 hours, minus a couple of potty breaks and drink-refill / walk -the-dogs sessions.

I am keeping a detailed log of my "New User" experience, which I'll share later... but in the meantime, I do not have *ANY* negative comments about it, but I have lots of questions: here are a couple of them, please:

1. I can't seem to find any instruction on the Display, what it's telling me, and "why". Neither the Quick Start, nor the Downloaded Manual seem to cover this. Could someone please kick me to the proper resource? (YouTube, URL, or other?)

2. From what I've read in the manual, apparently I "could" program the "Quick" button. I'd like it to immediately pull the Gain down to zero, so I can audition the distortionless sound of the profiled Amp. Which is why I bought the Kemper. Can this be done, please, and can someone explain what to do?

3. I can't seem to get Rig Manager to download. Is there a "quick start" checklist?

I'd appreciate any help you could offer.

Thanks vary much! :)

Teejay Riedl

http://www.teejnet.com

• Thanks, gents! Reasoning that this is “face-slap stuff” (I’ll slap myself later), I still have a couple of use cases / questions I don’t see covered in the manuals- and yes, I read them!🤗:

1. I randomly found a couple of profiles I’d like to re-use someday. They don’t seem to be numbered. How do I retrieve them, in the future, versus scrolling through hundreds of profiles?
    2. Once I get there… I don’t care about the “rig”. I just want the clean Profile with no stomps or effects. How do I do that?

3. The Manual says there is a “Sag’ adjustment. Where is it, please? How do I get there, and save my settings as a part of the Profile?

My rationale, here; this Kemper Profiler lives in the studio: it won’t go on the road. I need 5 basic guitar sounds, that will never change, as the basis for all new Tracking: set so that anytime artists are in the studio, whether or not I’m there producing, my techs know they will always have “acceptable” sounds that I can back-engineer later, with confidence. The staff needs to be able to call them up, fast -I’ll get to that point, once I start saving my own profiles… which is why I’m asking this! I’m experiencing pent-up demand after Covid 19; the studio is in use almost 20 hours a day. It’s a “nice problem to have”, but time is a precious commodity! 🤗👍🎶🍸

• 1 - make them favourites.

2 - take an existing rig, turn off the FX, resave and rename it (I use my initials as the Prefix) so that you can easily find it in future. Another option would be to drag and drop the amp into the Presets folder in Rig Manager.

3 - Hold the Amp Button on the KPA or click the amp block in RM you should see a parameter for Power Sagging.

As for the workflow where staff can record something you can work with later. I would make sure they record a Rig PLUS a DI that you can reamp later if necessary.

• Thanks, all - as I suspected, these are all "FNG" topics. I happened-across an old You Tube video which articulated that "press and hold" is different than "push this" - a distinction the Manual does not make clear. That took another 60 minutes of my weekend, but once known, it's like the fog of war evaporated from my vision.

I've actually tracked with it, now - a take of "Ziggy Stardust" - it is phenomenally quiet, and although all distorted amps sound largely the same to me, there are different tonalities in all the profiles that I can hear and leverage to my evil intent. None of that obnoxious "fizz" from those old Modelers.. all going to eBay, now. Add the "sag", and I'm cooking with gas! :thumbup:

Thanks for the back-stop, guys!

• Thanks, gents! Reasoning that this is “face-slap stuff” (I’ll slap myself later), I still have a couple of use cases / questions I don’t see covered in the manuals- and yes, I read them!🤗:

1. I randomly found a couple of profiles I’d like to re-use someday. They don’t seem to be numbered. How do I retrieve them, in the future, versus scrolling through hundreds of profiles

2 other options here:

1) set up a performance and store them there - easy to recall and organize

2) Get RM working and store them in a folder.

In both cases rename them to what you want and delete off rigs you don't need. also, remove the effects and save - there you have the bare amps.

If its staying in the studio then RM is your nest friend as its easier to navigate than the panel.