How to lower volume of amp without affecting the output of the main

• As is probably obvious, I've got a powered head. I found myself playing in a recording session in which I needed the volume from the amp to be low, but still audible for the other players and myself as monitor, but the volume from the mains to remain high to go to the board. I found I could change the amp volume on a per rig basis which worked well, but given that I was using quite a few rigs in the session that was a pain. What I wanted to do was have a global setting for the amp to be lower, but I haven't been able to find it. Is it possible?

• Nevermind. I found it and kind of feel like an idiot. For anybody who didn't know. The setting is in the Output section called (wait for it) Power Amp/Volume. I just tried it out and it works like a charm.

• Nevermind. I found it and kind of feel like an idiot. For anybody who didn't know. The setting is in the Output section called (wait for it) Power Amp/Volume. I just tried it out and it works like a charm.

That does work but as mentioned buy others, its the linked volume you need to change. This means you have ultimate control over the sound in the room with a constant signal to the desk.