wireless and stereo

• In the past, with an all valve amp and a 4x12 cab, I used to play with an old UTH4 Shure wireless system. I haven't done that eversince I use my Powerhead. The powerhead can deliver stereo fx using the Direct output and the Monitor output. That's the way I use my Powerhead all the time.

I wonder if I can use a wireless system to get also that same result, because a wireless system isn't stereo, right?

• Its pretty simple, apart from very rare exceptions, the signal from the guitar are mono.

Some effects can output in stereo, turning the mono signal into a stereo effect e.g. delay. To make use of these you need to connect in stereo.

To get Stereo both in IEM's or FOH, you need to take a stereo feed ( 2 xlr's) from your KPA. Most IEM's can provide stereo if connected up correctly.

Personally I think its a waste of time and still run mono. If you do this then you will get sound in both ears just not a stereo split.

• Excuse me, when I read wireless I understand you talk about wireless from guitar to amp. They are mono, and you do the stereo thing in the effects section, as you know.

If you talk about IEM, they are generally stereo, but not always.

YES! Thanks! I got it. I always use a small mixer for both the Direct Out and the Monitor Out which go to 2 inputs on the mixer. And now wireless so freedom at last... :)

• If I shut down all fx within a profile then I get sound in both ears. At least I have now a choice to add a reverb or a chorus for a stereo sound

• And what about this option: I know that my guitar is mono but in my case I can also use both Direct Out and Monitor Out from my Powerhead to feed an L and R jack bus at the back of my wireless system. And when I connect the 2 Powerhead Main Outs to a small mixer and from there its Main Outs connect to 2 inputs of a large stage mixer.... what happens then...? Does this work too?