Vonets WIFI bridge/hub (to connect IOS to Kemper toaster/rack) - sharing my experiences thus far

• Hi - in case anyone is considering this device - here is a quick review/update:

Pros:

- easy to setup - you can have the WIFI bridge functionality (i.e., connecting to your home network) working in about 2 minutes, and then the IOS app will detect the Kemper rack/toaster straight away

- CHEAP - found it for 18 bucks on Amazon in the US - you can find it here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08V…_yo2_dt_b_product_details

- small/light, with all necessary cables built in

- when using as a WIFI bridge (e.g., connect to your home network), it worked well and held a stable connection to the Kemper

Cons:

- when using as a dedicated WIFI hub (i.e.,the out-of-the-box mode, where it behaves like a mobile hotspot), I experienced intermittent connection issues where the IOS app would lose connection with the Kemper - in this mode, the Kemper also kept trying to sync with the IOS, which was a bit of a PITA. This is a slight bummer, since I'd like to be able to use the mobile capabilities during gigs to tweak settings. I'll continue to experiment with this to see if I can somehow improve performance in this area

Not quite a Pro or Con:

- current draw on this device is in theory under 500ma, so based on what I've read in the forums, this is within the limits of what the Kemper USB jack can provide... but I'm using this thing very sparingly at the moment, just in case... If anyone has any further details to share on this point, please do!

Hope this is helpful to someone out there - enjoy ;)

• Looks interesting. Can you give more details on how you are using/connecting the extender?

Sure - the unit comes with 2 connectors, a USB connector for power and an Ethernet connector that goes into the footpedal jack - just plug in, turn on the Kemper, and the Vonets unit will be automatically powered up.

- at that point, you can immediately see the Vonets wifi hub on your iPhone when you go to wifi settings - select the hub, and then start up the iPhone Kemper app and you are basically good to go.

I found this initial approach works, but was a little intermittent for me (connection was dropped from time to time).

The other option is to use the Vonets software to connect directly to your home wifi - then you connect your iPhone to your regular home network, and the app still sees the Kemper. This is a little easier to use at home (don't need to switch networks), but won't work if you take the unit out of your home network (e.g., at the gig).

Hope that helps!