Drop C# tuning

• I have to play a song in drop C# tuning. I guess I have to buy another guitar for that song because I really haven't a clue how to achieve that with my profiler, even with the Transpose function.

I took a look at the thread about D-tuning (from Sept. 12th) and someone mentioned this device https://www.pitch-key.com/ but I wonder if this also helps for this particular tuning... Does anyone have another idea?

• There are no modelling devices which will make a standard guitar, tuned to standard pitch tune to something like drop D, drop C# or similar.

You could add a midi pickup, go the Line 6 Variax method or something like you have suggested.

My band play in a few tunings, so one guitar will never do the job. I have a b-b tuned baritone and another in drop D. I simply learned to play the songs on either of those, there were a couple of compromises in the process but the only person to notice is me.

• You would have to tune to Drop D first and then go -1 on Transpose. So a d-tuna is helpful. I have a locking trem with a trem stop, so I can drop D pretty quickly with a turn of the fine adjustment screw. Best way is to tune a second guitar if it's practical in your case.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I use the pitchkey and its excellent.

So couple of points here:

• You need your guitar tuned down a semitone anyway. Drop C# is just drop D a semitone lower. You can use transpose but I prefer a dedicated guitar.
    • Pitchkey is only for that one string ( E string)
    • Pitchkey will only work with a fixed tail guitar, not a trem guitar
    • D tuna will only work with genuine Floyd loaded guitars AND then must be blocked/locked for drop downs only, not floating.

There are no modelling devices which will make a standard guitar, tuned to standard pitch tune to something like drop D, drop C# or similar.

Not true. Any old guitar with a Roland GK pickup and a Roland GR55, VG99, VG88, Boss GP10 etc. modelling device will do the trick.

• You would have to tune to Drop D first and then go -1 on Transpose. So a d-tuna is helpful. I have a locking trem with a trem stop, so I can drop D pretty quickly with a turn of the fine adjustment screw. Best way is to tune a second guitar if it's practical in your case.

Add this one to the list: C G C G G D I recently had to play this for a theatre show along with Standard and DADGAD ... All in written notation so I was hearing different notes to the ones I was fingering. I talked to the composer about it and he said, "Yea, It's a mind fuck" ... He wasn't kidding! To answer the OP, I used a Variax.

• To the OP. The kemper has no way of distinguishing one string from another, and thus cannot just transpose one string. Same reason it can’t just simulate a 12string guitar.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

• Honestly, for your need, use the transpose function.

I have a song with my band at 1/2 downdrop, it's good enough.

Just one recommendation ; play loud and only stay focus on speaker's sound.

I had a Helix + Variax before and used the virtual capo to do the same.

The variax has piezzo pickups so it's more "precise" (string per string).

Nevertheless, when i used to rehearsal at home with my headphone (an opened one), or play on the cab, i thought ; what this Sh!t ! :cursing::thumbdown:

In fact, you hear clearly the natural sound of your guitar and it's very disturbing in this case....So push the volume up !!!! ;)

• <sigh>

You can't plug in a standard guitar into a standard modeller such as a Kemper, Helix or AxeFx and get this. You need to add a Roland GK or other MIDI pickup plus a MIDI capable device such as a those you mention. One doesn't tend to move the MIDI pickup freely between guitars, making it a semi-permanent feature and so not really a standard guitar anymore.

So yes, you can buy those things and do that and thank you for telling me that I was wrong.

• I am pretty sure that was the point of the entire thread, but whatever.