“More me” at Gig

• OK so I want to have a more me control through the monitor out stereo at a gig and just want to check to make sure I’m thinking about this correctly. Off the front of the house desk I am wanting to run a stereo signal back to my Kemper going in the return input and alternative input. Then from the direct output and monitor output I will run into my stereo IEM wireless transmitter . Then if I unlink the master volume from the main out I will be able to use the master volume as my more me control hearing both the stereo mix coming from the front of the house (which already includes me ) and an additional boost in my personal guitar that I control via the master volume . Sound correct? Does this cause any phasing issues?

• hi,

it will propably introduce some phasing, since your iem mix from the desk has an added latency (assuming you are using a digi console).

I would suggest to exclude your guitar signal from the iem mix you receive from the desk and just add this in the Kemper.

• hi,

it will propably introduce some phasing, since your iem mix from the desk has an added latency (assuming you are using a digi console).

I would suggest to exclude your guitar signal from the iem mix you receive from the desk and just add this in the Kemper.

Yup. This is what i do. The advantage is that if you need more of yourself in the IEM, you can take care of it yourself, so you do not have to ask the soundguy for “more me” during the gig.

Really my own levels in my ears, is a thing i want to be in control of myself. Because it can also change during a gig. And the audience definately do now want to hear you asking for changes during the gig.

If the stage is not too big, i often only have myself in the in-ears. That way they act as earplugs for everything to come down in level, and i can hear myself nice and easy with definition and clarity.

What many seem to forget is that the purpose of in-ears is to get the levels that you punish your ears with down. And if you have everything in them, loud and clear, and yourself on top even louder, you might just end up putting more db’s into your ears, while not realising that is what you do. This is because sound from headphones seem lower in volume than it really is.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.