Per collection thread

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

More random shit from my brain to your earlobes

• Loving the comments hahah, interesting choice of drum sounds Per, sounds great for this track, did you play those percussive pieces?

"Music makes the world a better place. Music doesn't lie. If there is something to be changed in this world, then it can only happen through music."

Jimi Hendrix.

• Thanks BayouTexan ! Oh noes! I doubt you want a cut of thee debt involved in making this track title but I’ll be sure to mention you in thee 12” cover notes when I do thee extended 45 minute prog remix with added finger snaps and Tibetan human thigh bone throat singing.

Thanks deangersmith ! It’s all Superior Drummer, in the Indiependent pack (I believe) there’s a drum set aptly called Aphex Twin which seems to be all the transients only and its sociopathic park bongo player crossed with sampled pencil case contents like sound stirred something perverse in me.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

So as you probably guessed I have a lot of love for what I absolutely know is a very acquired taste of those naive but over aspiring 80's and 90's American and Canadian garage punk bands like Cap'n Jazz, The Promise Ring, The Mister T Experience and so on. Founded on-surf punk like sounds of the Pixies, the straight edge political craziness of Fugazzi and childhood dreams of prog rock tied down by real world tiny budgets. To me the sound is drenched in dreams of California, Americana, summer youth, melancholy, insanely poppy hooks and melodies wrapped... no... more like burried and at times undiscoverable in the warm fuzzy sound of having to share a single amp for bass, guitar and vocals while competing with the drums in someones garage. Naive vocals and guitars rejecting commercial sound backed by surprisingly tight rhythm sections and sudden weird and clever progressions and riffs momentarily pulling back the curtain only for it to come crashing back down moments later leaving you alive and wanting more.

As waraba kindly sent me some fantastic profiles, I cracked out the old archtop guitar and did a quick jazzy-ish noodle using a nice clean profile labeled clean funk 1.

• Sounds / feels so much like Moondance!

External Content youtu.be

Well done, brother. 8)

A bit of 90's shoe-gaze for you tonight