Per collection thread

• Really nice riff on that! Some David Bowie influences in your vocals. I think if you stayed on this training you could become a famous Jedi. ;)8)

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Just no energy today

As an explanation as I realize this noodle isn't in my usual more laid back style and kindly people get worried when I post things that they perceive as sounding angry. So in this case - yes this is an angry song.

I beg your forgiveness but every once in a while the old internal pot boileth over. At the moment it's a case of doom scrolling, or actually even less, it seems every time I even glance at social media or the news my blood goes from cool to full boil in less time than it takes Richard Hammond to crash a supercar. I am livid at the games being played with our lives. At the greed, infantilism and pea brained idiocy on display by our leaders both political and in tech, their fawning media and the many many shills. wiling and stupid enough to sell us all down the line for a big fat slice of oblivion and apparently in the grandest display of pure evil - not even caring - it's like living in a world of cults where no sane person is going "this is wrong". I am generally a-political because it is a sick game that I don't wish to be a part of that has long ceased to be an area capable of actual debate instead of a marketing based proxy religion for those who believe themselves smarter than they in fact are, however now it sweeps us all up against our will.

They say living in the moment is the path to happiness. I say that's great for monks, however we need a foresight to navigate this mess or absolutist narcissism to get out of it, and unfortunately that is severely lacking. Hence the desire to avail my views on exactly how well things have been going for the past twenty years or so of incredible world leadership, media diligence and social media responsibility. In quick song form. My grade so far - F, see me after class.

• Sounds great Per Every so often and "angry song" is needed so do not apologise. I purposely stopped watching the news a while back as it wasn't doing my mental state no good. I'm glad you managed to articulate your feeling on this track.

• Yeah !, anger leads to good songs from my experience, and a much better mental state once you have played and recorded it. I understand your pain, I even wrote a similar punk rock protest song right after mobilisation in Russia, maybe I'll upload it, but your's says it all !

Great tone, lead , vocals & backings Per, a really epic one.

• Thanks waraba definitely some catharsis after getting it out! But having said that for me it’s also always about holding back because playing angry = messy, you want the audience to feel it which only happens if you stay calm as a cucumber for the delivery because tighter sounds more aggressive.

• I like angry songs Per! 8)

I actually have the news on the whole time I am in my studio to make me angry. It gets muted when I track which is when I am happy. I only have my wife to console in about world events because with anyone else I would get cancelled. :D

I do know this... social media has destroyed much more than it has ever created. About 99% of my online activity is geared only to music. And the internet killed music. It was so much easier to find music yesterday when all I had to do is turn on one radio station and "listen". Now there is like tens of thousands of links competing for my listening attention, and I only have time for one. When you listen to the radio now, it's all the good ol' songs.

Internet killed the radio star.

• Thanks BayouTexan ! I’m not sure my arteries could take news 24/7 :O . Absolutely, couldn’t agree more the art of curation has vanished with the loss of radio and dj’s. I have technological ideas on how to fix that but it’s always about finding the time (or budget to go hire the people to get it done).

• They had a news story on how youths are buying and wearing our favorite "yesterday rock bands" t-shirts and are liking being introduced to the "older" genres we cherish so much. It was (and is) damn good music just not found today. Sad.