Per collection thread

...perfectionism.

My hands are up (surrender). Totally guilty of this. It's been said many times by my family members and friends most of my life. I think that once I can develop proper tone with the Kemper then I can get mixes out quicker. I've gotten faster with laying those drum tracks down, and a little more comfortable with the bass, but I spend way too much time trying to tweak out that 'perfect' sounding guitar for the mix.

Plus, there is pressure to perform at levels that you guys do. I know you all have many years over me but the pressure remains. There is so much more to learn and not enough hours in the day. Urrrrgh!

Thank you much for your inspiration!

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Thanks Per, for these very wise words!

I will print this out and put it on the wall in my home studio.

Cheers,

Mats N

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I love the groove on this one, that guitar strumming pattern sounds fab, Nice chord progression also, you think you know what's coming and then it takes a twist. Brilliant

• A little ode to the stylings of those Paul projects Badfinger and The Raspberries, dunno if it's in the territory.

External Content soundcloud.com

• If you want to rapidly progress then there is no faster way then being willing to make a fool of yourself.

... and it comes easily to someone like I who was born a fool. :D

I'm hearing that Phil Spector wall of sound production in this. 8)

Same here bud.

Babe sounds like a solid album filler Brother Per. I'm not hearing hittoon in that one but hey, 10 tracks Per album means they don't all have to be hitz. Something that adds to the experience, in-theme with the rest of the tracks sonically and emotionally, is what one generally wants.

• Another nice atmospheric one! You center voice is chart-topping. It reminds me of a singer I can't place ATM. It's not quite Sting but someone I've heard and can't place. I'd would stay with that. 8)

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.