Per collection thread

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Every time I listen to your clips, regardless how I feel about the individual track, I'm flabbergasted by the width of your musical spectrum.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Every genre requires way more time than a single go, if I want to do more than cliches I have to do at least a weeks worth of "morning pages" (see "The Artists Way") to start to get all the dross out and reset my headspace so I can listen for the true heartbeat of the genre, what it's truly about rather than the affectations on top, then I can start to do things that don't feel like cheap shots. They're all never ending learning opportunities.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Use the rear pickup (tone cranked) on a smaller amp profile like a bassman or a single 12 combo.

Push the gain just under breakup, increase the mids and low mids a little to taste.

Adding some sag and compression helps.

Dig in closer to the bridge and find the taunt tension you're comfy with.

Your finger tips is what makes it growl. 8)

External Content soundcloud.com

• Thanks, I will continue to practice hard and take that onboard.

Man that sound is epic! Is that just a super meaty amp or is there a touch of octave on it too? The whole thing sounds so effortless :O man I hope one day I'll be able to approach that level of tightness, right now if it has to be grooving like my last couple of noodles I have to record in small bits because it only takes a few bars before I start to drift and completely lose it :(

• Tonights more mellow disco noodle as I carry on learning. Eventually I might get good enough for people to guess the intended source :D

External Content soundcloud.com