Per collection thread

• I've always been a sucker for long intros like this. I like teasing the audience and just feeding them enough to keep them interested before the main riff. I hope to master that.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Fantastic Per a tune full of great ideas

Just testing out the new Hitsville reverb from UAD. Would have made something more coherent but unfortunately Reason didn't want to play along with the update so after a few hours of messing around to get things going (and failing) I had to go to my backup daw S1 which I'm not very comfortable with. I quite like the way it sounds as a channel insert.

Just testing out the new Hitsville reverb from UAD. Would have made something more coherent but unfortunately Reason didn't want to play along with the update so after a few hours of messing around to get things going (and failing) I had to go to my backup daw S1 which I'm not very comfortable with. I quite like the way it sounds as a channel insert.

Thats a great wee noodle, the reverb sounds great

This reminds me of Staind with a NU metal vibe, very cool and brilliant tune and guitar parts Per

On the road tonight, so this is all in garage band on my ipad, a SM57 and a little UAD volt interface. Pretty fun.

• Thanks Monkey_Man all just ITB GarageBand’s synth at that point. No idea how the mix is, gonna be a surprise when I get to hear it on normal speakers!

Very limited FX options and no mastering but the volt has a basic compressor and some sort of tube emulation thing that makes the vocals sound alright and I guess it’s cool to step back to old fashioned processes of tracking with the FX already applied.

Got home about 50 minutes ago after 4:30 hours on the road (including waiting in drive throughs), quickly knocked this out. Stressful night driving might have over-geed me up. Anyhow apologies for the lack of mastering, I just liked the raw punkish tones.