Per collection thread

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Your voice really comes into its own here and sometimes made me think of David Bowie. This is definitely a tune you should develop and go really do seriously all in.

What's the bass and how did you record it?

Cheers,

Mats

• Thanks BayouTexan ! As while I love some of his tracks and songwriting I’m not the biggest fan in the world of Bowie’s “Anthony Newley-esque” vocals I’ll try my best to avoid that approach in future.

Having an accent is always hard to overcome. I have a strong accent that most people wrongly guess is from NY. I have a New Orleans accent. That is my big problem when trying to do vocals and why no one has heard me yet. I would have to emphasize my low and deep voice to overcome it which is laboring.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

Edited once, last by BayouTexan ().

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• So as I lay there dreaming last night of a cool and non-existent film with some great image sequences this 60s protest song came on kicking into the chorus at a great moment flying low over the sea dutch angle pointing down, when I awoke I couldn't seem to place it and google searches did nothing, so I just recorded it and tried to get the sound and feel in there. So it's probably some well known track my broken brain has lifted and that will come back to me later, but it was fun to record.

External Content soundcloud.com

• Interesting making the bridge an intro. I like the chord mash at 42 seconds to bring in the chorus.

When recording for professional purposes, should a verse and/or chorus be copied and pasted into it's regions or should you let the artists do a full playthrough to allow imperfections (provided that the tracks remain the same without additional embellishments). Or is it a choice of personal tastes and genre?

• When recording for professional purposes, should a verse and/or chorus be copied and pasted into it's regions or should you let the artists do a full playthrough to allow imperfections (provided that the tracks remain the same without additional embellishments). Or is it a choice of personal tastes and genre?

I think DAWs allow this and it's super convenient, it's much more classier to record full parts or even the song in one long take, but you'd have to learn the full song like you do for a live. I'd have to learn my own song to play them again and that's not easy will all overdubs etc...

So it's just a question of time to me

• ... I'd have to learn my own song to play them again and that's not easy will all overdubs etc...

I will do playthroughs on mine, and over and over again, as practice until I get what I like but it has me taking forever to create a mix. I will usually adjust my technique on each follow-up to see if I can sound better. I guess if I was on a real producer's time then I'd just let him chop and edit as he sees fit but it's not as fun as a playthrough.

• Thanks BayouTexan & waraba !

I have no idea what goes on in a real studio or production for professional purposes, but IMO use whatever works for you. The person listening doesn’t hear the process, just the finished product, the process may or may not inform that. If it inspires you and creates a sound you’re after then that’s the right way to do it.