QSC k12.2 instead of K10.2 with unpowered Kemper?

• Getting back into the swing of things after a year+ break. Haven't touched my Kemper during that time and circling back around on the idea of grabbing a rack mount power amp and using my 2x12 with G12H30's, or grabbing a QSC frfr monitor. Back before the Zombie Apocalypse I used a single K10 at small to medium venues(acoustic and electric guitar) and it sounded pretty good, but I'm starting to wonder if a k12.2 would get me a little more oomph for bigger stages and/or the occasional outdoor show and if it would be worth the extra size/weight factor.

Has anyone used a 12.2 instead of the typical 10.2 or DXR10 and had favorable results?

Thanks in advance!

• I have the qsc k10 as well as the yamaha dxr10 and headrush 12...the headrush was my favourite until I got the kemper kab. didn't like the qsc at all but when used with the helix stomp it sounds great..much better than all the others... but for the kemper I would go for the kemper kab no doubt.

• I have the qsc k10 as well as the yamaha dxr10 and headrush 12...the headrush was my favourite until I got the kemper kab. didn't like the qsc at all but when used with the helix stomp it sounds great..much better than all the others... but for the kemper I would go for the kemper kab no doubt.

luntho i had similar experience with qsc k10. My helix pretty good, but Kemper sounded nasty (even though it sounded great through my home monitors, headphones, and sounds guys say my sounds were great in the PA. It was just waaaay too boomy. Thankfully the Monitor Out has some basic tone controls and by knocking out a heap of bass it now sounds great.

• I have QSC K8s and K12s. They are the first version of the speakers. They sound good with the Kemper. You have to get the switches on them set right. Everyone sets them to deep and then you get too much bass from them when you turn them up. I have used the K12 speakers along with the KSubs for my mains for a good while now and think they are some of the best sounding speakers you can have pushing out your sound.