Recording direct signal and effected signal simultaneously in two separate tracks in logic

• Hello! I have a session soon and the producer requested that I also record a direct signal along with the normal Kemper signal. I've plugged both main analog outputs into my interface as well as the direct output send. I've changed the Direct Output to Git Analog. Now I'm in Logic Pro, but I'm only getting the direct signal. How do I record the DI signal and the regular Kemper signal in two separate track at the same time? I realize this is more of a logic question, but I can't for the life of me find a solution..

• you have to choose inLogic

1 Input from your interface for Direct

and another Input from your interface for the Kemper Amp Signal

btw for that i would set this output to master Mono in the Kemper output Section

in Logic look at the Mixer were there's written Input when you point on this entry a list of all your available Inputs appears

choose the ones were you plugged you kemper in to the interface

more easier use Spdif , when you have this on your interface

then you have set it up automatically

• Another thing I would suggest is that you set up Two Tracks in Logic (then combine them into a Summing Track Stack for easy of management).

Next create a Group and assign both tracks to the group. In the Group Settings make sure that Editing Quantize Audio is ticked (this way if you do any editing to either track (like quick swipe comping for example) it will automatically be applied to both versions.

Finally ensure that Record is ticked (but not Volume, Mute, Solo etc) in the Group Settings. This way when you arm either track to record the other will automatically be placed in record too. This makes sure you never miss a great recording because you forgot to record enable the DI or Rig channel in Logic.