MIDI Control: Kemper with the HX Stomp XL

• Hello everyone, long time Kemper (PowerRack with foot controller, running into a Kemper Kabinet) user here. Sounds great and I’ll be using it for a long time in the future. I’ve added a Line 6 HX stomp XL to get some additional effects that the Kemper does not have access to quite yet. I intend on running the HX through the effects loop of the Kemper through the 4-cable method. I have literally no experience using MIDI to control anything, but I understand there are ways to use the foot controller to control parameters of the HX through MIDI. I’m particularly concerned with delay settings and synchronizing the tap tempo if I’m using delays in the HX and stacking the Kemper’s own delays. I want to tap the tempo on the controller and have it sync between the Kemper and HX. I know this is possible, but have no clue where to start with any of this.

Can anyone point me to videos or documentation about setting this kind of stuff up. Or an “introduction to MIDI” kind of crash course that any of you have had experience with and would recommend? I want to make sure I’m using these brilliant devices to their full potential, and I know MIDI is a great way to set this kind of stuff up! Any tips and tricks you’d recommend for a beginner MIDI setup?

Thanks, you guys!:):)