Transpose function sometimes not working live

• When I am using the transpose function on the Kemper, maybe 1 in 10 times it doesn't not actively engage and I start the songs in the wrong tuning and it is a disaster. I play live most nights and this even happened at a showcase for the company I work with and it was a disaster, it was recorded and was infront of alot of people at a theatre. The only thing I can suggest is getting the Digitech Drop and using that but come on... The Kemper should work and its disappointing!

Does anyone have a solution? Its fully updated and I need a solution and not carrying spare guitars for a tuning that is 1 semi tone down.

Jake

• You might try contacting support to see if they could find a particular reason it fails for you. For me, I've never had it fail to transpose.

But maybe if you're using a stomp for the transpose, you could instead just create a rig with the transpose under rig set to -1. Then there is no effect footswitch involved. When you load the rig it should already be transposed. If you need that only for part of a song, you might then just select another copy of the rig with no transpose and just switch between the two as a program change.

• I'm a bit confused. What do you mean by fail? Doesn't switch on or is on but doesn't transpose?

I have NEVER had this issue. Its either on or off. Perhaps you are hitting the stomp on or off when you select the rig?

Just so you know, the other guitarist in our band has a drop pedal and consistently forgets to switch it on, thus causing a tuning incident.

• There are two ways to transpose with Kemper. One is in the rig and the other as an effect in slots A -D, which are pre amp and cab. Just try the alternate way first to see if this helps.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• If you are using Transpose in Rig Settings, open Rig Settings and check if it is set as you expect it be. And if not, dial the soft knob. We have not seen any scenario where it is set for example at -1 in the menu and works at 0.

If you use the effect Transpose in an effect module, make sure the module is activated. If it's not, check how you are controlling it. Is for example MIDI involved. Could it be, that your MIDI controller loads the Rig and switches the effect module off. Or have you left a Slot in Performance Mode after switching off the module with Transpose and return to that Slot and it is still off - perhaps Rig Manager is involved and the on/off states are maintained. Also here: does the setting of Transpose that you see in the menu deviate from what you hear?

• Does anyone have a solution? Its fully updated and I need a solution and not carrying spare guitars for a tuning that is 1 semi tone down.

Copy your RIG in another slot, change the transpose in Rig Settings; change the slot Title ; Eg ; "Marshall -1/2 tone", save, done...

It'll be the surest way to get rid of errors....;)

• Have your frontman tell a funny joke while you are tuning down. 8o

I AM the frontman! :P

Thanks for the responses guys however I have tried everything suggested before... in the stomp as an effect and also in the rig itself and it still fails to be activate so I end up playing a riff that is supposed to be transposed but its not resulting in a train wreck on stage

• I skeptically tried the transpose once and recall I thought it too laggy to play like fast detuned metal chuggs or quick muted guitar. I wouldn't have thought it would be OK for performance use. I'll have to try it again! If you're using it for performances, I must have been incorrect. If I can use it, that would be great for learning songs tuned standard while I am normally Eb!

• I skeptically tried the transpose once and recall I thought it too laggy to play like fast detuned metal chuggs or quick muted guitar. I wouldn't have thought it would be OK for performance use. I'll have to try it again! If you're using it for performances, I must have been incorrect. If I can use it, that would be great for learning songs tuned standard while I am normally Eb!

Its no better or worse than a drop pedal. OK for occasional songs, but I tend to use a detuned guitar.

His issue is for some reason it doesn't always engage, which is strange behavior

• I AM the frontman! :P

Thanks for the responses guys however I have tried everything suggested before... in the stomp as an effect and also in the rig itself and it still fails to be activate so I end up playing a riff that is supposed to be transposed but its not resulting in a train wreck on stage

Please demonstrate the concrete issue in a video showing:

- the signal chain with Transpose being activated

- Pitch in Transpose set to for example -1 (or whatever you have selected)

- show also what happens, if you now dial Pitch to 0 and back to your intended value e.g. -1 while the guitar provides a signal

- I like to see how the tone and the setting deviate

- show the setting of Transpose in Rig Settings (perhaps a -1 in Rig Settings is compensating a +1 in the effect module)

- also show the Output Source of the output you are using for monitoring to make sure that you are not picking the signal before the Transpose effect in the signal chain.