[SOLVED] Morphing with MIDI- Back to Base Sound is not working

• Hello guys,

I am using the XSONIC AIRSTEP together with the Profiler Stage.

I am able to select the slots in a performance via MIDI and also Morphing is activated when the same MIDI CC is sent again.

According to the manual, the base sound should be activated when morphing is active and the same CC is sent again.

So it should be possible to switch between Base and Morph Sound.

But this is not working for me.

Any hints from MIDI experts?

Many Thanks

Stefan

• This is what the Main Manual says in chapter MIDI on page 343, where the CC#s 50-54 are explained.:

If Rig Button Morph is activated in System Settings, and the PROFILER receives subsequent control changes #50-#54 following the initial Slot load, these will trigger Morphing. So, the same button could be used to first load a Rig, and then act as a Morph Button for that Rig. To support all functions, values 1-127 should be sent when the button is hit, and value 0 should follow when the button is released. The setting of the “Momentary” option in Rig Settings determines whether the Morphing latches the morph sound and base sound, or if it immediately returns to the base sound as soon you release the button.

If you miss sending value 0, it might not work.

• MIDI Control Change #11 value 127 is Morph Sound (like Morph Pedal in toe position) and value 0 is Base Sound (like Morph Pedal in heel position).

courtesy of Burkhard

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• Yes, you could use CC# 11 to simulate a Morph Pedal or CC# 80 to simulate a Morph Button, which also requires to send value 0, when the button gets released.

But depending on the Airstep capabilities, you might be limited to CC# 50-54 to make the same button first load another Slot/Rig and then trigger Morphing.