SPDIF Volume don't work after latest beta

• Same thing here with the toaster : the SPDIF out is at full volume whatever I do, even if set at -∞.

The other outputs volume are fine.

I also noticed that the volumes progression bars work eratically (main, monitor, headphones and SPDIF) as they don't increase or decrease progressively at all when operating the Master volume knob.

Off course I tried to restart the unit.

Any idea ?

• I do wonder why they would be messing around in that area of the code actually. Time will tell I guess.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Please watch out for OS 8.7.3, which we are currently testing.

However, we don't really understand what S/PDIF Volume is needed for. We didn't even understand the need, when we added this parameter years ago. Could you provide practical examples?

• Hi

I need Spdif Volume to use the SPDIF-Out parallel with the Monitor-Out and Main-Out in my Dry-Wet System. On the Monitor out (Stereo) I have the Dry-Signal, on the Main Out I have the Effect Signal and with the SPDIF-Out I go into a Lexicon MX-200 for external Effects. On all the 3 Outputs I need different sources (Monitor: Dry, Main: Effect, SPDIf: Everything) and they should change the Volume with the Master-Volume Knob. so please, please don not cancel the SPDIF-Volume, for me it´s very important, and I immediatly changed back to the recent release before after having installed the last Beta, because I have a Gig next weekend.

Thank You

• My kemper is connected to a scarlett 6i6 thanks to two S/PDIF cables. I had some trouble some months ago, the sound was fine when I connected my headphone to the Kemper headphone connector, but very noisy when I connected my headphone to the scarlett headphone connector. I lowered the S/PDIF level until the noise disappeared. Since the last update, it is noisy once again. Then you understand why adjusting this level is mandatory.

• My kemper is connected to a scarlett 6i6 thanks to two S/PDIF cables. I had some trouble some months ago, the sound was fine when I connected my headphone to the Kemper headphone connector, but very noisy when I connected my headphone to the scarlett headphone connector. I lowered the S/PDIF level until the noise disappeared. Since the last update, it is noisy once again. Then you understand why adjusting this level is mandatory.

That seems like a problem of your interface. Have you tried lowering headphones volume at your Scarlett? The digital S/PDIF transmisssion at 0 dB doesn't produce noise as such. And that is the reason why we are asking.