Latest Beta SPDIF volume not working

• Strange guys, I use spdif out to my scarlett 8i6 and when I change the level in the output menu, I see the bar sliding, however no change in volume ?

What am I missing or is this a bug ?

thx

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• That is a known issue and fixed in the OS we are currently testing internally. Please watch out for OS 8.7.3.

However, we never understood the need for an S/PDIF output volume. Why wouldn't you control it at the receiving device? Could you provide practical examples?

• To give you one small example why I typically have S/PDIF output volume turned down a bit:

On the receiving side, I have very sensitive (to avoid the term "good") metering which is actually True Peak metering. For example a totally clean profile can easily go up to -0.1dB on any regular meter. The true peak meter though happens to show clipping due to intersample peaks. And it's just annoying to (in certain situations) see the clipping indicator's red light turning active. So I rather stay on the "safe" side and keep S/PDIF output at -1.0dB.

• That is a known issue and fixed in the OS we are currently testing internally. Please watch out for OS 8.7.3.

However, we never understood the need for an S/PDIF output volume. Why wouldn't you control it at the receiving device? Could you provide practical examples?

I link this output to the master volume, that way I can easily level the guitar volume to the MP3's I play along with.

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp