clipping lead

• Hi guys, in the past I used some extra amp volume and a pure booster to increase the volume for my leads. I noticed that it sounded a bit too harsh and sounded like the sound saturated.

The output leds stay green so no red clipping leds.

What should I to to increase the volume without this phenoma ? lower the initial amp volume ? lets say i'm boosting the amp with 2 dB, same as the booster in the fx slot.

Thanks for the advice

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• Try Rigvolume to increase the volume. Maybe there is a fx that is sensible for volume. Rigvolume raises volume jut before output.

I morph the lead with a pedal so I stay within a RIG ...

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• I think you morph amp volume and/or pure booster. I recommend Rigvolume. What have you in the FX-Module?

booster, chorus,reverb and delay ... (chorus not needed for my main rig

Is it possible to morph rig volume as well ?

Raf

• Just another point - for solo's, why not use a separate rig? I have a rhythm sound that I morph the volume for riffs and to emphasize parts, but for solo's I use a dedicated performance slot. It means I can use a different amp profile as well and voice it specifically for solo's.

• Just another point - for solo's, why not use a separate rig? I have a rhythm sound that I morph the volume for riffs and to emphasize parts, but for solo's I use a dedicated performance slot. It means I can use a different amp profile as well and voice it specifically for solo's.

So do I.

But sometimes I feel to solo with crunch or clean tone. Then the morph of rigvolume is helpful.

The other situation I use the rigvolume morph: Sometimes at rehearsal the band (drummer) is going louder and louder. For we have no soundengineer in rehearsal I am able to adjust my volume ;)

• So do I.

But sometimes I feel to solo with crunch or clean tone. Then the morph of rigvolume is helpful.

Solo clean ? Are you crazy? The metal in my blood tells me this is the work of the devil!

Joking aside, I never use pure boost or amp volume etc, I only use morph on rig volume for boosting.

I don't feel the need to change the overall sound, what I might do as well instead of using the boosters is to use a graphic EQ and morph some xtra mids together with the extra rig volume ... Tonight I can crank the setup again at rehearsal and will see if the "cut the mix" preset will do the job !

Raf

ps : leaving my foot on the expression without having to look down again to hit a button is golden for me :)