Setting up Piezo.

• Just plug in and play.

Presumably you want a clean acoustic amp/Direct to PA type sound. In this case just turn off the Amp and Cab blocks. Alternatively, you can add some colour by using an acoustic Rig in the amp/cab section. These rigs are typically profiles of famous mic pre amps or Acoustic Pres like the Fishman Aura or LR Baggs.

• Thanks for reply but Im sorry, I dont really understand.

I want to flip the piezo switch on guitar to get the instant cleans...in middle position get a mix of clean and magnetic(overdrive) and then in the down position only the magnetic...... But how to set this up from guitar into Kemper I dont know.

I use rig manager.

• OK.

I presume you want the mag pickups to go through a regular amp Rig (say a Marshall JCM800 for example) but want the piezo to bypass the Marshall and just go clean to the PA?

Do you need to blend Piezo (without amp) and Mag with amp?

Do you just want to flip a switch on the guitar itself or are you happy to change rigs on the KPA at the same time?

There are a few different options depending on your needs.

• Would like to just flip the piezo switch on the Guitar...... sorry Im not too clever with this. Ive always just loaded profiles and played them...but now with the piezo switch guitar I want to flip the switch to get the cleans and in the middle position get the mix of piezo and mag.......all within the kemper rack unit, no other amp im use.

• Gotcha 👍

The way I do it with my PRS Hollowbody and P22 os as follows:

Guitar : two outputs. Easiest way is two separate cables but you can use a Stereo cable from the guitar into a stereo to dual mono adapter for a mote compact cable solution.

Kemper: plug the mag pickup cable into the KPA front main input. Plug the piezo cable into the Return input on the rear of the KPA

The next step could vary depending on how many Stomps you need before the Amp on the mag signal. If you only need 1 or 2 stomps then do this:

Enable Parallel Path in rig menu. The will send the piezo signal straight to the output unless you have an effect active stomp B (in which case it will go to output via stomp B (maybe a compressor, eq or reverb).

Now when the guitar switch is in mag position the mag signal will bypass stomps A and B but will be able make use of C and D plus the Stack block and all 4 post amp FX.

When the guitar switch is in the piezo position the piezo signal will go through stomp B the straight to output.

If the guitar switch is in the combined position both of the above will happen simultaneously.

If you need more than two pre Stack stomps for the mag signal you will need multiple rigs in the KPA.

• I use one rig for the piezo, and others for the mag. Not sure if you have the remote, but I put the piezo rig in slot 1 of a performance, and some regular amp rigs starting from clean to higher gain in 2 - 5.

So, as Wheresthedug mentioned I flick the switch on the guitar and stomp on the appropriate remote button.

• I use one rig for the piezo, and others for the mag. Not sure if you have the remote, but I put the piezo rig in slot 1 of a performance, and some regular amp rigs starting from clean to higher gain in 2 - 5.

So, as Wheresthedug mentioned I flick the switch on the guitar and stomp on the appropriate remote button.

That’s the way I have my performances set up too most of the time as I rarely use a blend of piezo and mag. The OP said he/she needs the ability to use the blend of piezo and mag which would need the parallel path strategy.

• I used a stereo out from Guitar to mono in the front and the into the return in the rear of Kemper.........when I flip to the piezo I hear cleans...but very low volume......no way I`d hear it in the mix position

• That’s the way I have my performances set up too most of the time as I rarely use a blend of piezo and mag. The OP said he/she needs the ability to use the blend of piezo and mag which would need the parallel path strategy.

Ive only ever used the Browse for home studio, dont play live so never felt I needed to use the performance.

• I used a stereo out from Guitar to mono in the front and the into the return in the rear of Kemper.........when I flip to the piezo I hear cleans...but very low volume......no way I`d hear it in the mix position

Sorry, I forgot to include another important step.

In Stomp A load the FX type Loop Mono and make sure Stomp A is active.

Do you already have Parallel Path ticked?

Thats sounds good....I dont have a remote ( might well be worth getting one?) .....but I`m starting to think I should look into "performance"....in the way you mention...........Ive had the Kemper for about 2 years and its a fantastic piece of kit..... Im really impressed by it, but I just load up profile, adjust for recording taste and thats it.....multi track.

• Sorry, I forgot to include another important step.

In Stomp A load the FX type Loop Mono and make sure Stomp A is active.

Do you already have Parallel Path ticked?

Yes had the parallel ticked...and have now turned on the LOOP MONO on Stomp A.......... all working well now.................. THANKS EVERYBODY FOR YOUR HELP! .... VERY MUCH APPRECIATED! :):):):):)

• The Remote is wonderful but not really necessary if you don't need to change sounds much on the fly.

I use RM to browse Rigs. Then I make up Performances of 5 Rigs. Usually these will just be different sounds from the same amp. I still think Old Skool like a multi channel amp. So performance slot 1 might be a Soldano SLO super clean and bright, slot 2 might be from the same Soldano pack but a warmer clean tone, Slot 3 might be a crunch sound and 4 full high gain. Slot 5 might be another Crunch/Hi Gain variation or it might be an Acoustic Rig.

I like variety so I often just say "tonight I fancy a Dumble" or "tonight I fancy a Plexi" etc then I load a performance and play

• Yes that makes sense. I dabble with the same amp setups ie from cleanish, building up in gains and delays and reverbs and save as new profiles.....lets say numbered JP2 1-10, all in Rig manager.............. but Im thinking performance is the way to go with the remote.

Years ago when playing live I had the Behringer Vamp Pro with the midi controller.

PS. Wonderful is always a goody 8)