Franjoe30 collection thread

• I wonder what the difference is between Superior Drummer 3 and EZ Drummer 3. I see EZ3 has a slight different looking UI. I don't quite understand why they are making two of the same type of products??

I really like the overall chord sounds of your rhythm tracks. I'm curious on how you are achieving this. Are you tracking the lower note power chords on one track and then tracking the higher notes using inversion on the second track? I'm looking to expand my double/quad tracking techniques.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I wonder what the difference is between Superior Drummer 3 and EZ Drummer 3. I see EZ3 has a slight different looking UI. I don't quite understand why they are making two of the same type of products??

I really like the overall chord sounds of your rhythm tracks. I'm curious on how you are achieving this. Are you tracking the lower note power chords on one track and then tracking the higher notes using inversion on the second track? I'm looking to expand my double/quad tracking techniques.

Thanks for the comments. It's actually just 2 seperate guitar tracks panned hard left and hard right playing the exact same chord voicings, i just play the full chords so you get the bass right through to the treble over the whole chord on each side, i very rarely play just power chords.

I think Superior drummer has a good bit more functionality and the drum samples are more precise. That being said i've always loved EZdrummer so this upgrade it great for me. The big thing for me is the grid editor so i can alter grooves within the program. Also there's now a drag and drop option so you can drag guitar, bass or piano parts straight in and it will create drum parts for you to suit your tune.

• I have SD3 and would like to eventually get those Metal expansion packs for it. I must admit that creating the drum beats and fills (copy, pastes copy, paste, etc) takes me way longer by far than coming up with new guitar riff. :huh: I just can't seem to work with the included samples they have. I'm doing all my drums note by note. ;(

• Use the groove finder, tap in a rough kick and snare pattern then let it find the patterns for you. Once you’ve found a pattern either open the song creator and drag it in, or right click on it and go to the option that opens folder location. Then you just use the various bits from that folder to build a song in the timeline, don’t forget you can duplicate with CTRL drag. if there’s the odd beat that’s out double click on the block in the timeline and either use the direct note editor to modify and move around add or delete individual hits, or use the visual drum kit thing to adjust frequency and intensity per instrument.

• Use the groove finder, tap in a rough kick and snare pattern then let it find the patterns for you. Once you’ve found a pattern either open the song creator and drag it in, or right click on it and go to the option that opens folder location. Then you just use the various bits from that folder to build a song in the timeline, don’t forget you can duplicate with CTRL drag. if there’s the odd beat that’s out double click on the block in the timeline and either use the direct note editor to modify and move around add or delete individual hits, or use the visual drum kit thing to adjust frequency and intensity per instrument.

I will definitely try that. Thanks!

• Great sounding ballad track Franjoe30 amazing guitar tones as ever. I like the addition of more keyboard elements too, really makes for some cool changes in dynamic. How are you liking EZD3?

Thanks Per I am really liking EZdrummer 3, the big thing for me in the inclusion of the grid editor but the new kits, and general interface update are great.

• Great tune Joe, sounds cool and relaxed indeed. Drums are killer for an out-of-the-box thingy :thumbup:8)

I got EZD3 too yesterday :)

I was travelling this week so I only had a chance to download it today (ordered it weeks ago as an upgrade already). Curious how it will add to existing tracks and what the grid editor etc. will bring :)